View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New to this game and to modding. What should I make? 

Post New to this game and to modding. What should I make?
So I really like cortex command and want to make some mods for it. I started simple (My cheat loadout is a mod soldier who runs super fast and can't take fall damage, and a mod gun that lags the game from shooting so fast. Total cost? $-1500) So now that I have a basic grasp, what should I make? Another doomsday wep? New bunker modules?

Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Post Re: New to this game and to modding. What should I make?
Premade bunkers of different sizes and types? I could always use some more of those, there aren't too many on the forums. Mostly just a few in Unitec and a some in the huge module pack.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Hwo Thumb wrote:
So I really like cortex command and want to make some mods for it. I started simple (My cheat loadout is a mod soldier who runs super fast and can't take fall damage, and a mod gun that lags the game from shooting so fast. Total cost? $-1500) So now that I have a basic grasp, what should I make? Another doomsday wep? New bunker modules?

Maybe make aliens with custom alien meelee weapons? No one has made those, if you could somehow script your own custom activity with its own custom scene (alien planet, science station, etc) and have a survivor team (player 1) and aliens (player 2) maybe even OTHER aliens (player 3) spawn in and duke it out, that'd be insane and not many have done stuff like that (as in, I cant find anything like that right now...)

Just a suggestion.

If you DID do that, I can offer you my services for free, to create some custom alien sprites... but only if you provide me with the blank template in the size you need it with the clear bankground (the clear one) as I can never get the sizing right myself... sorry about that everyone.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:34 am

Doomsday weapons were cool when CC was more of a sandbox engine and less of a game.

These days balanced weapons and soldiers are the new hotness. Also interesting widgets, although that's not really a task for someone who is just starting out (requires some low-level programming if you want to try).

Aircraft are in short supply. People seem to hate making them and love playing with them.

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:37 pm

as a first mod i recommend simple things get use to the code first, do minor Changes do weapon pack or actor pack, but i recommend not releasing any of your training mods unless you're actively looking for feedback and can take harsh citiztism.

Start out small then advance further really is the best way to do it.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 am

If you release a mod, it should certainly be something unique. Faction mods with an actor or two and some guns are dime a dozen, so unless you can make some cool weapons and interesting actors, then I would recommend going somewhere else. Expanding the default factions is a good one, so is changing the base game. (AI, scripts for the game etc)

Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]