View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Vampire Army (WIP Coders required and maybe concept artist) 

Post Re: Vampire Army (WIP Coders required and maybe concept artist)
LordVonKain wrote:
the main selling point of this mod instead of the Vampire will be the amount of differences per unit.

that is A LOT of work, like doing one different mod per unit, but every minute you work on it, players will appreciate :???:
( everything have limits, remember the metal slug mod? I've spend like months developing it :lol: ridiculous amount of time )
The "to-do" list sounds like a very good idea, but keep your priorities balanced together with war40K mod!

And if is possible, watch out the amount of times you use the word "regardless", I know its useful for switching between subjects but
it is not correct to overload readers with the same word, perhaps you're starting to develop one mullet...

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:07 pm

i apologise, english was never my strong subject. Science, maths and IT was my main subjects.
only the best thing comes with loads of work. Sadly i'm just a spriter.
The first release i want to do really is just a standard army out. with nothing special about it, always the best idea to go one step at a time, slow and steady building up the foundations of the mod.
the To do list is more of a what the aim of each release should be at.
as you previously mention the biggest issue is the limit of everyone patiences. i do know as long as i keep playing CC i'll keep my interest in the modding it.
Once i get all of my job related meetings out of the way i'll start on heavily spriting and such during this week. For this and the Warhammer 40K mod.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:06 am

Just a minor bump, i had decide to scrap the whole "each vampire has a different era" look and decide to go with one set apperance.

However the age of the vampire will have obvious older influenced , for example, the vampire elder will be a Sci fi knight so to say, while the younger ones will just look like modern day soldiers with more Sci fi appearances or so. i'm updating the Vampire and Vampire count with the said artwork i would like to base them around (The colour scheme will be changed just so you know, the artwork is basiclly general idea to how they should look)

The cultist will look like generic human / soldiers from other armies (i may throw in coalition / Ronin and if the other modders let me i may throw in a cultist version of their mod IF the player has their army installed)

newblood vampires will just be lesser or weaker forms of vampires appearance wise, so they will look more like generic army soldiers while vampire will look more like elite's of the army.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:09 pm

I would love to see this come out soon, since you asked for this earlier here are some suggestions for the weapons

Stake gun,
I did like the health stealer gun idea,
Melee weapon of some kind, I know its hard to do but pulled of would be cool,
Crossbow of course, maybe could use numgun's harpoon to make it stick and drain health,
Dual heavy pistols,
Bite of course, if thats what your going for,

I like the idea of this expanding into multiple factions I might just learn .ini since it looks like modding is picking up again, I like the look of this and the AVP mod, tis nice to have a new spriter/coder who knows what their doing around here.

just a suggestion,
Blood is a material right? its defined in the materials.ini maybe use lua to make it a resource usable by vamps

Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:41 am

nicolasx wrote:
I would love to see this come out soon, since you asked for this earlier here are some suggestions for the weapons

Stake gun,
I did like the health stealer gun idea,
Melee weapon of some kind, I know its hard to do but pulled of would be cool,
Crossbow of course, maybe could use numgun's harpoon to make it stick and drain health,
Dual heavy pistols,
Bite of course, if thats what your going for,

I like the idea of this expanding into multiple factions I might just learn .ini since it looks like modding is picking up again, I like the look of this and the AVP mod, tis nice to have a new spriter/coder who knows what their doing around here.

just a suggestion,
Blood is a material right? its defined in the materials.ini maybe use lua to make it a resource usable by vamps

not going sterotypical Route for vampires. in otherwords, Stakes holy water etc. is a no go straight away.

i'm mainly going to look around different books games and anime/ show to find a good way to do the vampires.

Biting to drain blood is a maybe. as i previously said the vampire can Drain blood with the use of Telekinesis (Legacy of Kain)

Ethier way this mod is kinda on hold untill i get more experience and/or coders/Scripters wanderabout and want to help.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:07 pm

So a different approach to vamps, well that should be interesting, :) are they going to be harder to kill like the olden vamps? or sort of like a military neo-vamp empire with special skillz?

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:31 am

blow their head off.

i'm going in a quite realistic approach.

Nothing survives with their brain blown off, or a giant gaping hole in their heart.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:36 am

Well that does make sense I was just wondering if you were going for special ways to kill them or some kind of more realistic approach...guess I got my answer then

:lol: "Nothing survives with their brain blown off, or a giant gaping hole in their heart."

Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:58 am

Are you still requesting a concept artist? Because I would be happy to throw in some sketches.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:28 pm

I can attest to Decaying Soldat's concept artistry; He makes cool things. My old Cell actors were concept'd by him.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Feel free to throw anything in.

Although i doubt i do much since skyrim came up and works on my pc. However i'll attempt to sprite things from time to time.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:31 pm

Oh wow! Who made these concept arts? I love them!

Anyway, back to being useful. Can't help with coding, unless you want a giantic piece of junk and crabs. You can make 'mind control' things, as you most recently can see in my newb mod, but there are some problems with that. CC has some highly irritating hardcoded behaviours and team change bugs, like random crashes if controlled actor shoots his former teammate.

Perhaps you could utilize something like the Stasis Field mod as a bloodletting station :wink: , and base the style on traps. The HP system is, IMO less reliable than using, for example, ammo or a custom one ( e.g. Shadow Echelon's limited ammo system has two ammo counters, one for ammo in mag, one for ammo left ).

Restoring limbs, I'm not sure if it's possible. You'd have to just copy and delete the old actor and instantly place another one from the copy, but still retaining the equipment.

The elder as brain concept is interesting, but AFAIK bringing health above 100 is a bad idea. Still, changing the counter from HP to something else could prolly help.

Alright, enough of the wall of text.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Quote:
Oh wow! Who made these concept arts? I love them!

the current ones are all googled images, the first two are from the same person and sadly that all he/she had done while the rest was all in fave list of another dude, i cannot remember where they're from, and sadly i recently deleted my browsers history (cause it was getting so damn large)

Quote:
Anyway, back to being useful. Can't help with coding, unless you want a giantic piece of junk and crabs. You can make 'mind control' things, as you most recently can see in my newb mod, but there are some problems with that. CC has some highly irritating hardcoded behaviours and team change bugs, like random crashes if controlled actor shoots his former teammate.

I saw that and was tempted to ask you if you could do somthing simliar to my Ghoul, but right now the only thing that done for this mod is one blood tube/station..

Blame the green dummies i recently decide to do and skyrim, sadly i tend to only work when motivated, and motivation comes from Code / concept art. but this is heavily code based so if anyone wishes to do a bit of random odd coding to give me a little nudge to start spriting a group of vampires, feel free to do so.

Quote:
Perhaps you could utilize something like the Stasis Field mod as a bloodletting station :wink: , and base the style on traps. The HP system is, IMO less reliable than using, for example, ammo or a custom one ( e.g. Shadow Echelon's limited ammo system has two ammo counters, one for ammo in mag, one for ammo left ).

This is a tricky thing really and most likely the main cause of serious thinking in terms of how to do via code, my original thought is to copy how gold is done but replace gold as blood, i.e Making blood as a material you can mine but only can mine it with a certain tool, i could do what you said , and use part of the stasis mod as well as the whitty gold generator mod. the way to do this was the stasis part damages the actor making him bleed and then the actor bleed out as the blood act as the gold. that said this is only limited to a overroll blood count so what could also happen is that tubes start at 1 hp, and when it reach 100 (101) blood cannot be collected and just pile up. Although i could just change my idea, and just have the elder tube as the main source of blood collection as well as a healing point for vampires, the only problem i have with this is the fact people may just bring in 10 cheap actors and kill them off.
Quote:
Restoring limbs, I'm not sure if it's possible. You'd have to just copy and delete the old actor and instantly place another one from the copy, but still retaining the equipment.

This was a similar problem to Naxete predator mod/system, this is more of a maybe kinda thing, i still want it for the Elder brain / count or lord since age comes more power and knowledge, i want to give the impression that all vampires from the start can do most of this or all of it, But can only do it with time (much like when we was babies, we couldn't walk or talk or do much things until we're older, however i want to add in a few extra differences, much like how all vampires have different abilities in terms of what they're better at or what they can do easier, like i previously mentioned how male vampires will have more physical strength while female are more magic / Speed base)
Quote:
The elder as brain concept is interesting, but AFAIK bringing health above 100 is a bad idea. Still, changing the counter from HP to something else could prolly help.

Alright, enough of the wall of text.

From what i know, above 100 = more money when get returned. but the elder is a brain therefore returning it it mean a instant lost. Unless there is other problems that may happen with this, if so i could always look around it as improving the armour to be Insanely Strong (in terms of being shot off) much like how the dummy behemoth is, Where you have to shoot off parts of the mob before you can damage it health wise. (small arm with low penetration will bounce off while guns with higher caliber will punch through weakening the armour type of thing.)

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:06 pm

Here's one re-sprite of Unitec Jack brain, never used nor seen before in public:

Attachment:
JackieBoy.rar [35.77 KiB]
Downloaded 239 times

You can re-sprite it and put him a helmet and there's your vampire.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:20 pm

Cheers, should i credit you or gotcha? (assuming it be you)

and i'll get around to respirting it this weekend.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next