View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 3:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 need help with my death wheel mod 

Post Re: need help with my death wheel mod
Sorry for the double post. Alright I've decided on a change in direction for my project. I am going to convert Amr's jeep into a real jeep. The only problem i see is that i have no clue how to assign emitters to the jetpack button. My plan for the jeep is to convert the arms and legs into emitters and mount them below the jeep as a full wheel making it a 8 wheeler with 4 visible in this 2 d setting. 2 would face down and 2 would face up balancing the thrust. The order would be down up down up. Each would be offset slightly to cause the emitter to orbit the center of the sprite. The key to this is being able to set the jetpack key to all 4 emitters at once which i'm not even sure is possible right now. Oh well off to try. (Yes I know there is such a thing as being too ambitious. I just happen to have a weird form of ADHD where i can pay attention to something as long as it is sure to spirial FAR out of control at some point.)

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:17 am

You can only have one jetpack.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:38 am

That's why AMR's one is the closest you can get to real wheels right now.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:12 pm

Yeah i realized that. Oh well back to the death ball idea. Still need to fix the problem of autoleveling. What i still am not sure about is how the game tells rockets and dropships apart when it comes to keeping them upright. Well i can shortcut it and make it a rocket and require 2 keys to be pressed to go one way or I could just release 2 versions of the one way only dropship I have plus the current model that can kinda sorta go 2 ways. Anyone know a way to link the right and left jato units on the rocket so 1 button fires em or can you only have 1 pair of retros linked on a rocket?

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:11 am

The engines/engine groups are hardcoded to the class, along with the key defs. Unless you modded your controlss so one key does two things(which would affect all craft of that type) it won't work.

You shouldn't need two engine to make it roll.

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:15 am

If you don't have 2 engines it behaves like its wieghted towards one side. Thats why when you blow an engine off a dropship it doesn't drop straight down but sprials down a bit. The most annoying part is the fact that it does what i wanted it to do but it doesn't do it properly. If it just failed outright i could live with it. Meh. Actually i had a really crazy idea that i haven't got a chance to test yet. Soon as I get home gonna give em a shot. And if that doesn't work, I'll just clean up the 3 dropship versions i have and release them.

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3