View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Modding Templates 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Modding Templates
Yes.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:31 pm

I see. I assumed otherwise, as your answer had already been given, you didn't quote, and that was a ways back.

Anyways, I fixed and updated the brain template. It is now B23 Windows compatible, defines it's own wound emissions, doesn't unnecessarily have the old brain sprites, and follows the new organiza--
Okay, it's not done, but it should be in a couple minutes. Forgot Something. Two things. Three things.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:01 pm

Could you upload sniper templates please? Thanks for the other ones. :grin:

Attachments:
HullA.bmp [7.83 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:09 am

Why did you show us your dropship body?

Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Sry for that i was in a hurry (Accidents happen :) ). And btw can somebody tell me how to increase size of tractor beam for the drop ship ? Tnx in advance .

Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:59 pm
Banned

Learn to search, please. Also, here's your problem:
Code:
      Radius = 22
      Range = 45

That's from the vanilla dropship. Simply play around with those.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:06 pm
Profile YIM

Aceblaster wrote:
Could you upload sniper templates please?

A sniper is a gun, make it from the gun template.
If I provide a sniper template, you probably wont bother to change some of the things that are already close enough, and you'll end up having learned less and made a less unique mod.

Also, this is not a general modding help topic, in the future, please do not use it as such. And as metal said, search before asking elsewhere either, please.

Oh wait, this isn't stickied anymore, so that probably won't be a problem. Also I'll no longer feel any responsibility to update them, so updates will be even more sluggish from here on.
Throwing out resources geared towards helping new modders to tidy up the page to encourage new modders? Interesting logic.

Edit, Aug, 2011:
Hah, I sounded mad, eh? Sorry to have made a fool out of myself. I liked managing a sticky, albeit not enough to have done a very good job. The un-sticky-ing was justified, and being on the useful threads sticky instead was appropriate, especially considering the neglectful upkeep of this resource. No hard feelings, yadda yada.

Last edited by Azukki on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:17 pm

I think Elmer's glue finally wore out.
Can we have some of that sticky super glue over here?

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:23 am
Profile WWW

This needs to get restickied!

Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:23 pm
Profile YIM

Any chance of a homing rocket launcher template?
Or is that more complicated...

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:52 am

Its just Lua, link to the code that the Coalition one uses.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:46 am
Profile WWW

I don't know if you guys will get mad that the last post is from three years ago, but I think we should update the templates. The new actors are significantly tougher than before and (at least for the coalition) use different stand paths and such. I think that just the fact that the vanilla content in Build 25 is tougher is enough to warrant an update to the templates. If people intend to make mods out of the templates, they should be updated along with CC.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:06 am

There's no good reason for someone to be annoyed by the timing your post. Your point has recency and validity. It's the good kind of necro.
I had some walls of text written out, but then I realized the message was just too simple for it and I was just rambling, so I'll keep it simple-ish.
Yes, the templates are old.
Yes, the templates are thus outdated to some extent.
I don't know the extent, I haven't touched the templates in over a year and I haven't thought about them for months before now.
However, assuming they're still functional, I'd say they mostly still usefully (admittedly not ideally) serve their purpose. The intention was not to have up to date content available to easily mildly modify, it was to have a framework laid out for users to extensively modify into something mostly new.
What will I do about the partially-obsolete status of these templates? Review the situation and review how how much I care to do about it. And then do something, maybe just a little, but I'll do something with them, by the end of August, let's say.
If someone wants to independently make their own set of templates, or independently make their own revisions and updates to my templates*, that's great, go for it.

*if someone wants to do this, make your own separate thread and credit accordingly, please.

Edit: Well, it's still August in Honolulu.
I briefly looked over the templates, and it looks like the only b25 incompatible templates are the door and brain templates, which are incompatible because BodyAnimDuration and BodyAnimMode became SpriteAnimDuration and SpriteAnimMode in either b23 or b24. It was pretty obvious upon first glance that there is room for improvement on plenty of things, though, both in in the way of updating the templates to be more with the times, and in the way of generally improving the quality of the templates. Perhaps I will address this sooner or later. For now though, I'm just going to put up a notice on the brain and door template to explain how users can make them compatible.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4