View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Upcoming faction - NVC *Beta updated* 

Post Re: Upcoming faction - NVC *Beta updated*
TheFanciestOfPants wrote:
It's pretty much all blunt force trauma, not really sure how to make it any blunter'er. Any ideas?

You Could increase Firing Velocity and Mass.

Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:01 pm

Grenade are good but the timer is a little too long, but the sprite is awesome.
They look's like the WWII german nades :D
The minigun is great too, but the muzzleflash is too small.
Can't wait for the RPG ^^

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:01 am

Haven't gotten much done, was busy all day today, so I updated the .rte with the in-progress RPG. It's too powerful at the moment(not ludicrously so, but still.) Anyway, give it a shot :grin:

@Haskeer: I put a 3 second timer on the 'nades because I made them really, really hurt. Wanted that extra half second to GTFO. Glad you like the look, Steilhandgranate is what I was shooting for when I made them :)

I'm going to end up using custom muzzleflashes on all my guns, I'll be sure to beef up the minigun's one when I do

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:55 pm
Profile WWW

Winterous wrote:
Why does anti-tank have to automatically mean explosive?
A railgun would be much better at destroying armour than a rocket launcher, it'd go straight through the hull and mess ♥♥♥♥ up.

Not necessarily, it would just make a hole, but not always ricochet (which probably wouldn't ♥♥♥♥ up much anyways, and is less dependable than explosives at making the armored vehicle completely unoperational).

Lasers and bullets don't cause much if any collateral damage. With tanks you probably want to do more than just make a peephole in the armor (and what are the chances of hitting an operator if it goes through?), at the very least blow a bigger hole in the armor.

A round that penetrated then exploded would be a choice AV weapon.

also, pics of the RPG?

Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:55 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

A railgun would be traveling so fast that the kinetic energy released on impact would be comparable to a bomb.

A tank hit by an artillery-caliber railgun projectile would not have a hole in it; it would EFFECTIVELY CEASE TO EXIST.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:18 am

you should make the RPG more, unique.
Now It's just a DK RPG clone.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:21 am

Grif wrote:
A railgun would be traveling so fast that the kinetic energy released on impact would be comparable to a bomb.

A tank hit by an artillery-caliber railgun projectile would not have a hole in it; it would EFFECTIVELY CEASE TO EXIST.

We're talking about slugs a half an inch here fired by the man portable ones in this thread.

Not ones that shoot giant ♥♥♥♥ cannon balls at mach 3.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:24 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Man portable devices can fire artillery-size shells. Usually they don't, but you CAN.

Besides which if you think the part of a bazooka or RPG that does the damage is the explosive, you're quite dumb.

It's the bit of superhigh velocity steel ejected by the SHAPED CHARGE munition. Nothing special about it; it's a lump of very very fast metal. Kills tanks just fine. A man portable projectile could certainly do the same. SABOT shells work on the same principle; and you can get SABOT in almost any gun system.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:40 am

Grif wrote:

Grif wrote:
Man portable devices can fire artillery-size shells. Usually they don't, but you CAN.

Besides which if you think the part of a bazooka or RPG that does the damage is the explosive, you're quite dumb.

It's the bit of superhigh velocity steel ejected by the SHAPED CHARGE munition. Nothing special about it; it's a lump of very very fast metal. Kills tanks just fine. A man portable projectile could certainly do the same. SABOT shells work on the same principle; and you can get SABOT in almost any gun system.

Sometimes I love you Grif.
I didn't actually know that AV explosives did that, I thought they just tried to blow through, which never made much sense to me.

At any rate, :P to you guys.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:48 am

Grif wrote:

I'm not saying it's what does the damage, it's supposed to pierce and explode from what i've heard.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:40 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Whoever told you that is quite wrong.

As are you, by association.

Quote:
A typical device consists of a solid cylinder of explosive with a metal-lined conical hollow in one end and a central detonator, array of detonators, or detonation wave guide at the other end. The enormous pressure generated by the detonation of the explosive drives the liner contained within the hollow cavity inward to collapse upon its central axis. The resulting collision forms and projects a high-velocity jet of metal forward along the axis. Most of the jet material originates from the innermost layer of the liner, about 10% to 20% of its thickness. The remaining liner material forms a slower-moving slug of material, which because of its appearance is sometimes called a "carrot."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaped_charge

Now then, let's try and get on topic shall we.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:48 am

The rocket launcher currently is strange. (I know it's not done)
It shouldn't have particles that sharp, it's an explosion, not 8 sniper rifles strapped together.

Keep up the good work.
:P

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:34 am

Winterous wrote:
8 sniper rifles strapped together.

That would be epic.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Who wants to make it?

Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:37 pm

Winterous wrote:
The rocket launcher currently is strange. (I know it's not done)
It shouldn't have particles that sharp, it's an explosion, not 8 sniper rifles strapped together.

Keep up the good work.
:P

Like I mentioned, it wasn't even really ready to be shown. I just hadn't done anything new in a few days(busy busy) and felt obligated to string you along with tidbits :grin:

Next thing that'll be up is a longbow 8) ya know. the kind that shoots arrows. It'll be somewhat futuristic-ey though, worry not. Probably will chuck in an explosive variant for rambophiles. Do stay tuned

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next