View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Problems attaching actors to bunker modules 

Post Problems attaching actors to bunker modules
Well, its not that I don't know how to attach an actor to a bunker module. I do. It's just the problems that arise when I try to do it in the certain way that I am.

So, I've got the foreground, background, and material layers all done for a 24x24 bunker module.
Image Image Image

So, by looking at the basic bunker modules, I figured out that using that darker purple color on the material layer basically says "make this area empty, even if it wasn't before the module was placed here." Of course, when it does this, it replaces whatever graphics were previously there with the BG layer you set.

So, I'm trying to set a rather small actor with high PinStrength inside that area, so it looks like its attached to the FG part. Unfortunately, when I go into CC and try to put it down in bunker building mode during a normal game, the actor I assigned to be placed in that empty space is, for some reason, pushed to the edge of it instead of set inside.

The bizarre thing is that, while messing with it, it occasionally worked. But then I'd go and edit something rather unrelated about the actor itself, and then I'd load up CC and it'd suddenly be pushed outside again. I also tried doing it with that bright blue color, which I believe says "make the area empty, but keep whatever graphics were previously there."

If you haven't already figured it out, I want this module to make a small hole area in the ceiling of or on the outside bottom of a module, so then that actor can stick out of that hole a little bit. Basically, it's supposed to be a ceiling turret that is sunken into the ceiling a bit.

Any idea what could be causing the problem?

Edit: It seems like that when you try to put down a bunker module with an attached actor, it adds the actor before considering the fact that the dark purple part is empty space. And, for some reason, before that it thinks its occupied space, even when you put the module down on space thats already empty (like outside in the air).

Also, I've tried doing it with the light purple color. It works when you put it on space thats already empty, but when you put it down on a space occupied by terrain, the actor gets pushed to the edge of that terrain, since the terrain isn't removed or replaced.

Sun May 25, 2008 7:40 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]