View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Glows question: No more help needed. 

Post Glows question: No more help needed.
Alright, I've made plenty of guns now to know how to make something glow but now somehow one doesn't work and I am getting starkraving nutsss! Please help me to save my sanity, or what's left.

I've made a digger that simply refuses to show the glows I've added to it, even while these glow bitmaps have been used plenty of times before by myself, even on the jetpack on this new character I've been working on, and it works fine on it.
They just won't show on the digger and I am really clueless why.

Has anyone come across a similar issue, e.g. all glows showing up fine, except on a specific gun?

I've added the ini in case someone cares to have a look.

Edit: I think I've got it, although it doesn't make any sense. For now it's solved... I think. If a mod wants to lock this, please do so.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:42 pm
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Glows question: No more help needed.
For those having a similar problem, here was the problem and solution:
So this digger had both a muzzleflash and a screen effect, attached to the muzzleflash. The problem lies in the shape of the muzzleflash, which was both above and in front of the gun's barrel. The glow effect was hidden behind the gun itself because the sprite offset of the muzzleflash was done in a sensible manner, IE at the center of the sprite. Solution? Put the sprite offset at the point you want the screen effect to be, then match the muzzleflash to the gun with the muzzle offset.

Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:21 am

Post Re: Glows question: No more help needed.
Yup.
What doesn't made sense to me though is that even huge glows weren't visible this way. Like if the center of a glow effect is obstructed it won't show the glow at all.
(I did not know this.)

Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]