View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 50  Next
 Ballistic Weapons: Mercenaries! ))AAL Discussion 

Post Re: Ballistic Weapons: Mercenaries! ))AAL Discussion
Nah, glow effects seldom look good, the only decent ones are Darlos' and even those are noticeably glow effects. Muzzle effects usually look much better. good luck numgun.

I'd be happy with a weapon similar to Amrobotic's tesla gun (nothing like electroclan's).

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:49 am

Winterous wrote:
Ooh, that was a cool gun.
I don't think it was exactly a 'lightning gun' though, I think it was a plasma stream.

Anyway, maybe it shouldn't even be a muzzle effect, I think it'd be cool if it shot a lot of high-speed low-lifetime glowy trail thing, that had emitters on the that made them jump around in a semi-random pattern.

It shot EMP apparently, and sounded like fireworks going off when it fired.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:12 pm

Yeah, but the one in BW is even messier: shorter range, and you can hit multiple targets with it, then throw them around. In UT, this was great, because you just held your enemy off the ground, or tossed them into a pit of lava. It would be just as effective in CC: drop them off tall buildings.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:17 am

err, I don't think I'd like it in CC.
They're just weird.

Maybe it should just be a bullet sprayer, that can go through walls.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:10 am

Exalion is correct, I am trying to make it like the one in BW. BlipFlip's vortex is the closest thing that could be used for attempting to lift actors or atleast fling them around somehow.

I've decided to do it like I intended to in the beginning and I'll just try to compensate it's ability to shoot through walls with the volatile ammo backpack and range.

As for the flamer, I'll either go with Grif's suggestion for the napalm stream or then a classic flamer like the one in the picture below:

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/boley011/archit ... hrower.jpg

Now next up is the RAILGUN. In the original BW, it was a powerful rifle that could destroy vehicles in a single shot as well as infantry. Each bullet was charged up after cocking the gun and the longer the bullet charged up, the more damage it would do. Also something very special about it was that it could fire through walls.
And on top of that it had a scope that had a thermal vision mode bundled with it.

Now then, as you might imagine, this weapon is a monster.
But it also bring a few things to consider:
-Should it be able to fire through wall? And if yes, should it still be extremely powerful?
-Should the weapon's function work as any normal would do? (Fire, reload, wait, fire.) or have a charge up before firing it (charge up, fire while its charged, repeat.)

About the charge up, I mean that the magazine would have a lifetime of one second or so and because it naturally disappears after a second, you cant fire it anymore. When you wish to fire it again, you must plan your shot and make the weapon reload so a new mag would take place. When its done reloading (charging) you'd have one second to fire your shot before the charge expires.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:51 am

That charge up idea is very interesting.
Another thing you could do, is make it a one-shot uber-death-machine, ala the Redeemer.
So like, the weapon breaks after one use (the magnetic rails melt and such).

I don't think shooting through walls would be well accepted.
Maybe just the hardcore sniper thingie, with some extream kickback?

Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:17 am

Spartan laser.

Oh my god if you make a working needler you would be awesome.
Now that I think about it, that could be done.
The needles could be loads of little purple actors with thrusters.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:51 am

Chug much?
Your mum wrote:
"OH HAY FOURTIE AKTORZ HOW U GOIN?"
*thrust thrust thrust*
"O WOW I WUNDR WUTZ MAKIN IT LAG!"

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:48 am

I think that the railgun should just have an ostentatiously long reload time and be able to fire through walls, that way the classic "O ♥♥♥♥ GUYZ I MISSED I R DEAD!" moments still happen as per the amount of time it takes to kick ass w/ that weapon. Question though, are you making all the weapons very light so we can carry all of them around at once as per the original unreal tournament?

Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

wutangfan1990 wrote:
Question though, are you making all the weapons very light so we can carry all of them around at once as per the original unreal tournament?

Heh, I guess you havent played BW. When wielding a minigun in BW you move MUCH slower than if you'd be wielding a knife. And now that CC provides the weight system anyways, then I'd better make a good use of it. What you can do is use my Antimass (AAL Faction tool) and load up as many guns as you want.
And besides, it makes it more tactical that way.

Also superduper news!: I finished the planned melee weapons and I accidently managed to make a pretty awesome feature for the katana. It will be a surprise in the next post when I get a good picture of it. ; )

And thats not all! The HAMR is done! DUN DUN DUUUN

And I finished the lightning gun, I'll post a pic of that one later too since screenshots ♥♥♥♥ up on this computer.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:15 pm

I'll agree with zacness regarding the railgun charge. Make a magazine full of useless or null particles except for the powerful tracer round right at the end. No messing around with reloading, as firing is just a matter of holding the button. However, if you pad it out enough there could still be those "I can't charge in time I'm dead" panic moments.

Edit: Actually, that solution is flawed as long as you can shoot some of the useless particles without using up the last shot. Whoops.

Last edited by Comment on Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:18 pm

Awesome stuff, I'll make that map as soon as I can. (I has been busy)
ME WANT THIS ASAP.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:49 pm
Profile WWW

Quote:
Now then, as you might imagine, this weapon is a monster.
But it also bring a few things to consider:
-Should it be able to fire through wall? And if yes, should it still be extremely powerful?
-Should the weapon's function work as any normal would do? (Fire, reload, wait, fire.) or have a charge up before firing it (charge up, fire while its charged, repeat.)

Yeah, it should fire through walls and be pretty powerful, but I think you could attach a long reload time to it too compensate, or make it very expensive.

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:13 pm

I hate things shooting through walls. And I like the idea of it shooting at the end of your clip, like the spartan laser. the reload idea would be harder to exploit though...
I say do an instagib style for the shot itself, one shot kill, but no "wall penetration"
But I don't like your instagib rifle in your pack because it doesn't fire straight :/

Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:34 am

with the railgun, make it powerful, able to shoot through walls, but make it like your AAl laser weapon: charge up and reload.

@J23: price doesn't come into consideration in a Deathmatch game, silly.

Also, what's the HAMR? I don't remember that in the BW arsenal... and good decision with the lightning gun.

Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 50  Next