View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next
 Ballistic Weapons: Mercenaries! ))AAL Discussion 

Post Re: Ballistic Weapons: Mercenaries! ))AAL Discussion
Rocksonic wrote:
I tried it out, and so far everything works great. My favorite weapon is the knife. What can I say, I like melee weapons. :)
I haven't gotten a chance to try the maps yet, but I will.

The only thing I could complain about is the mercenary head sprite. It sucks. :( I did a little edit to it and I think it looks a lot better: Image

You don't have to use it, but I thought I would show you anyway. I attached the cropped image. I didn't change the shape of the head at all so you shouldn't need to change the offsets if you ever do use it.

I prefer the second one. I think the first one was good, but the head looks like a neanderthal's, because of its shape. It also lacked shading. The second one isn't perfect yet, tough. A bit too shaded if you ask me.

Actually, the main problem was the eyes. I redid them a little:

Sat May 16, 2009 10:28 pm

Sorry it took so long to get feedback from me.
I had to do something important.

Anyhow, here's my feedback so far....

Overall fun, there is one problem I encountered so far.

Yeah, when I was charging that grenade to throw, it triggered automatically, leaving the grenade aiming lines there. Even when I pressed ESC and resumed game.

Also, the leg sprites look incomplete, are they the final sprites? They still look like a coalition leg sprite.

Sat May 16, 2009 11:44 pm

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Yeah, when I was charging that grenade to throw, it triggered automatically, leaving the grenade aiming lines there. Even when I pressed ESC and resumed game.

Also, the leg sprites look incomplete, are they the final sprites? They still look like a coalition leg sprite.

That will be fixed... using some additional description info.
The slow field device is some you want to deploy fast. Lets say a guy at the end of the shaft just pulled up his heavy machine gun and has spotted you.

So the point is: Tap quickly to throw. The minimum throw velocity is set to high enough so you'd be able to throw it at a good distance. Dont hold the button, tap it quickly instead.

As for the bug itself, Data's the one to fix that in a later build.

As for the legs, YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT HUH? >: 0
But no really, they look good and thats all that matters.

At new head: Ok, I'll try it on and see how it fits. Looks a bit more humanly than the current, so I think I might change it. Thanks.

Sun May 17, 2009 12:00 am

I've brought up the slow field thing before in my (copious) logs, but just a recap: turn activateswhenreleased on, so it doesnt go off in your hand.
the slow field would also be cooler if everything that went in came out at the same speed, so it was like "zippingbulletpow*slowmotionwhoaamatrix*zippingbulletpowHEADSHOTAHAHAHAHAH" so you could get out of the way, but it was still coming for you.
but whatever, hope you enjoyed the map logging. i especially liked the fact that you could detonate the oil cans through the metal platforms, it made for good surprise attacks.

Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 am
Profile WWW

Quick question:

What's with the neutral doors and the reconstructor eating items placed near it?

Sun May 17, 2009 12:49 am

I invited three of my friends over and we played against each other with some 360 controllers, it was pretty epic on the Zero G map.

Sun May 17, 2009 1:00 am

oh god that would be.. especially with the kicks on the revolvers.
i dont have any way of playing 2 player sadly, the only computer with an actual mouse (to allow someone to play mouse and numpad and someone to play classic keyboard) is way too slow for CC. it wont be soon though - upgrade coming >:D
in other news, numgun cause you can get online could you also make animations for the casings in paint? it would make firing guns a lot less aesthetically weird.

Sun May 17, 2009 2:05 am
Profile WWW

I didn't read the whole thread, but if you need somebody to help with Lua, I can help you.

Sun May 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Jump zone is also fun with multiplayer.

I managed to push the other guy into a fuel tank once.

And Gran PC, see this thread - viewtopic.php?f=73&t=14337

Sun May 17, 2009 5:01 pm

I PMed you what I thought of it.

all the machine guns where going for realism, and in that respect they succeded, unfortunately they are overpowered and took the fun out of it for me.

However I only just noticed it had bunker modules which I didn't reply about, so here's that.

The bunker modules. The particle accelerate is amazing. the kill this box thing, make it gib whatever enters, right now it just deletes them. that's not cool, although it gets rid of everything.

If you place more than one of the healing things on the map, none of them work. (the vanilla teleporters work no matter how many are in the map, first A ties to first B, 2nd to 2nd, no matter how you place them)

The gun/bomb creators I couldn't figure out. your faster-conveyors are cool because whatever was in it keeps its velocity when it leaves.

the misc junk that you can place, I never saw the point in. they work well, so I guess thats what matters?

most of it looks great, but its mostly overpowered.

Sun May 17, 2009 5:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
The gun/bomb creators I couldn't figure out.

Err, just send a unit in there/redownload the beta.

Sun May 17, 2009 6:12 pm

mail2345 wrote:
Quick question:

What's with the neutral doors and the reconstructor eating items placed near it?

To restrict access and make them more tricky to use. They will delete any weapons that go inside so if you want to fully heal yourself using a reconstructor, leave the guns behind. Its gameplay thing.

Players are to use more cover because healing is not so cheap in BW:M unlike in most tournament games.

Sun May 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Gran PC wrote:
I didn't read the whole thread, but if you need somebody to help with Lua, I can help you.

Thanks, I'll keep you in mind after I release the mod so you can help me with the tournament script while having the mod to work on.

USE THE EDIT BUTTON RAGHDGJKHGLKUFHLKFJ:LFKL

Sun May 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Numgun can double post if he wants because HE IS TEH BOSS AROUND HERE! :)

Sun May 17, 2009 7:07 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Numgun, I've got a brilliant idea about the reconstructer's dilemma.

Have you seen the lua files of PrisonEscape.rte, it has the coding necessary to allow you to enter the healer* and exit it without losing weapons.
The way you do it is by assigning cookies to the weapons, and if you could auto-assign cookies, you'd be able to use it with any weapon, or actor.

* The healer function like your reconstructer, it draws them in and replaces them.

Sun May 17, 2009 8:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 740 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next