View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Terminator Project help 

Post Terminator Project help
hi, im alotet and i have been playing CC for about 14 months now and since day one, i have modded it. i am realy good with all the coding needed to make anything including lua.

but, my best artwork is probibly a paraplegic stick figure. i couldnt do art to save my life so, i am looking for an artist who is good at making small things (CC sprites and gibs and emitters) look good to work with me.

i am really good at comunicating my thoughts and i am excellent with time and due dates. you dont have to send me a resume but it would be nice if you could answer these questions

1) how long have you played CC
2) how long have you modded it
*3) where can i see some of your work

*if you havent ever posted any artwork, then just post a sample of a robot head, and the gibs to that head

if there is anyone who needs a coder to work with them, im avalable

and P.S. no dissing me about me being a "noob" or any of that crap. cause im not, this if my first account/post but i have visited the DR forumn every other day for the last 10 months, so i know the rules and i know my way around

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:17 pm
Banned

Post Re: Terminator Project help
You know your way around, huh?
Then, please, enlighten me, what makes you think you can barge in and demand that volunteers present their CVs to you?
Ask nicely, you'll get more offers than if you demand resumes.

Last edited by Metal Meltdown on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:36 pm
Profile YIM
happy carebear mom

alotet wrote:
and P.S. no dissing me about me being a "noob" or any of that crap. cause im not, this if my first account/post but i have visited the DR forumn every other day for the last 10 months, so i know the rules and i know my way around
Then you should have known we don't tolerate people with know-it-all attitudes very much.

-snip-
I was going to write some long-winded post utilizing all my suppressed angst to fizzle futilely at you, but I thought better of it.

I would suggest you just ask for sprite donations. Asking for a resume is going to lengthen the process, and I can tell you from experience it's very hard to get a dedicated spriter to help. They're busy people.

EDIT: Wait a second, why do you need an artist to make emitters? Emitters are coded things O_o

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:41 pm

"then you should have known we dont tolerate people with know-it-all attitudes very much"

i dont know it all, im just saying that i know enough about coding to be more value as a modder then someone who is reletivly new to coding.

i know that artist are busy, thats why i dont hunt for them, cause it would be a waste of time and energy. so i post this so that if anyone is inetrested in making mods with a codes, they know im avalable.

and by emmiters, i ment what is emmited (smoke, fire, ect.)

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:52 pm
happy carebear mom

alotet wrote:
no dissing me about me being a "noob" or any of that crap. cause im not, this if my first account/post but i have visited the DR forumn every other day for the last 10 months, so i know the rules and i know my way around
This right here would be considered a know-it-all attitude.

Anyway, I'll leave you alone. Good luck getting spriters, but I would suggest making placeholder sprites and using those in the meantime. You'll get more done, and be able to quickly implement any sprites that may drift your way, thus making everybody happier.

Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:04 pm

Dude you are a noob, mebbe not to CC, but to posting. I feel bad for you, so you can have some of my scraps or whatever- frankly that's the most you're gonna get with that kind of attitude.

Edit: postcount= SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attachments:
Dhassarian spritez.png
Dhassarian spritez.png [ 28.11 KiB | Viewed 4616 times ]
Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:08 pm

Oh yea, next time, ask for a 'spriter', because that's what you need. And 'artist' usually refer to people who draw concept arts and stuff, but they may or may not be able to sprite well.

You may not be a noob in coding(though I have no way to judge that), but you really don't know the culture and attitudes around here. I highly recommend you lure around, read more posts, know more people, comment on others' mods, before requesting modding partners and/or convincing others of your coding skills.

Could be depriving but, that's the way to get around forums.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:58 pm
Loose Canon

Sparta.

Ontopic: That really isn't the way to ask for help. I honestly don't even know what kind of sprites you want, which doesn't exactly help your position, either. You should at the least clarify what you are looking for, because "Terminator Project help" could mean anything under the sun. it could mean you need help coding, spriting, sounding, offseting, walkpathing, or God knows how many other possible things. I'm not gonna reiterate what everyone else said, because they already said it, and I'm lazy.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Hyperkultra wrote:
You should at the least clarify what you are looking for, because "Terminator Project help" could mean anything under the sun. it could mean you need help coding, spriting, sounding, offseting, walkpathing.

alotet wrote:
i am realy good with all the coding needed to make anything including lua.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:11 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]