View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 The HM[WIP] Tau Mod (WH40K) - [Alpha Released: 01/05/09] 

Post Re: The HM[WIP] Tau Mod (WH40K) - [Alpha Released: 01/05/09]
To be honest, I think Miles did little scrapping at all. I scrapped things which didn't meet sprite/code/canon standards and attempted to fix it where appropriate. Miles is pretty much blameless in this regard.

Anyway, this mod will be recontinued eventually, but until then it would probably be better to take this to pms until any more content is submitted.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:43 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
To be honest, I think Miles did little scrapping at all. I scrapped things which didn't meet sprite/code/canon standards and attempted to fix it where appropriate. Miles is pretty much blameless in this regard.

Anyway, this mod will be recontinued eventually, but until then it would probably be better to take this to pms until any more content is submitted.

well, I'll submit something then, to get this out of the way.
this is not yet tested but should work.
Code:
function Create(self)
HoldX = self.Pos.X
HoldY = self.Pos.Y
end
Function update.self()
self.Pos.X = HoldX
self.Pos.Y = HoldY
self.RotAngle = 0
self.AngVel = 0
end

whatever X/Y it starts at, it stays at, pinned, and is unable to rotate.

Apply this to ACrab with a turret, to create a 'perfect turret'. Why would we need a 'perfect turret' for tau? A particular bunker module called "Drone Sentry Turret" and "Area Denial Node"... its in Chapter approved and imperial armour. I'd post scans if I remembered what I did with my books... there around here somewhere in a box... (we moved)

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:47 am
Profile YIM WWW

Don't worry about the scans, I can confirm that it's in Imperial Armour 3.
And I plan to get the turrets eventually, but only when most of the rest of the mod is finished.

Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:41 pm
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
Don't worry about the scans, I can confirm that it's in Imperial Armour 3.
And I plan to get the turrets eventually, but only when most of the rest of the mod is finished.

I was considering that when I get bored of this free MMO that I occasionally play, I'd start making it. I wanted it to be a bunker module, since mid-game deployment of pinned actors is a pain. a bunker module with an actor at the middle of it, with lots of other pinned MOSR Armor in the way. I don't know how to make it have the pop-up/close features, but I'm sure it won't matter so much.

Also for the sake of making it still 'look pretty' I was gonna make custom wounds that are just null.bmp. it'd still have a wound, and still have the sparks emitted to show it... it'd need null wounds so it doesn't look like ♥♥♥♥ from the really high gib-wound-limit that a bunker-piece should have. of course, a few well placed shots, or 1 well placed explosive, should still kill it.

The problem is I suck with actors, but having something pinned, and doesn't walk, should be much simpler to make, so I should be fine. but again, thats when I get bored of what i've been doing already. it's quite sad to say, that maplestory, is why I haven't been modding. that is sad. but... lv 73..... ghaaaa *zombies out*

Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW

You could have air droppable turrets by having a TDE that gibs automatically when it hits the ground and the ground only (FindAltitude checks or something) which clears the ground with a MOSR and then spawns the turret. You could also have the retractability function by just replacing the actor and giving it the same health as the original, auto-gibbing at zero health. I also have a pretty good idea of how to make the disruption/stealth fields.
But, as I said, I won't be making this for a while, but if someone's making something and needs help, just pm me.

Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:29 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
You could have air droppable turrets by having a TDE that gibs automatically when it hits the ground and the ground only (FindAltitude checks or something) which clears the ground with a MOSR and then spawns the turret. You could also have the retractability function by just replacing the actor and giving it the same health as the original, auto-gibbing at zero health. I also have a pretty good idea of how to make the disruption/stealth fields.
But, as I said, I won't be making this for a while, but if someone's making something and needs help, just pm me.

If I recall correctly, although they are deployable in 40K, there only deployable in apocalypse scale, as it requires what, a manta?

also, Stealth + cortex command =/= working gameplay. Disruption fields maybe, but stealth, not really. Although if it was a Pinned AEmitter with lua, where the lua does the targeting, aiming and fire (emission enabled), instead of an actor. but if that was the case, the AI would just be like "One DOES simply walk into mordor!" and become atomic swiss cheese.

Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:46 am
Profile YIM WWW

Download link are be brokened..

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Probably because this is ages old. Some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ destroyed most of the mods on a date nobody can remember. This might have fallen victim.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:17 pm

We need re-upload!

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:01 am

Whoops.

Nothing changed. I might do some more respriting on the term break though.

Attachments:
Tau.rte.rar [2.15 MiB]
Downloaded 435 times
Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 am
Profile WWW

I would help but unfortunately I have now lost all interest in this. While the tau are in my favorite armys in 40K, I haven't played 40K in so long, and I just got some daemonettes and... I've been playing TF2, and GMod... and after seeing the updated CRobos i've kinda lost all desire to mod because everything I make will look like utter ♥♥♥♥ next to that.

I'd help but I suck at sprites, I'm lazy, and noone likes any sounds I add. so..... might I ask why this got updates after a necro? its been what, half a year since this was updated? god I feel lazy...

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:57 am
Profile YIM WWW

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
this is not yet tested but should work.
Code:
function Create(self)
HoldX = self.Pos.X
HoldY = self.Pos.Y
end
Function update.self()
self.Pos.X = HoldX
self.Pos.Y = HoldY
self.RotAngle = 0
self.AngVel = 0
end

whatever X/Y it starts at, it stays at, pinned, and is unable to rotate.

Apply this to ACrab with a turret, to create a 'perfect turret'. Why would we need a 'perfect turret' for tau? A particular bunker module called "Drone Sentry Turret" and "Area Denial Node"... its in Chapter approved and imperial armour. I'd post scans if I remembered what I did with my books... there around here somewhere in a box... (we moved)

You should change the script to

Code:
function Create(self)
self.HoldX = self.Pos.X
self.HoldY = self.Pos.Y
end
Function update.self()
self.Pos.X = self.HoldX
self.Pos.Y = self.HoldY
self.RotAngle = 0
self.AngVel = 0
self.Vel = Vector(0,0)
end

A variable without "self" or "local" will make it a global variable, so placing a new turret will make all old ones go to its postion. Also, the "self.Vel = Vector(0,0)" is to keep it from accelerating and splattering against anything it touches.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:04 am

how come all the picture links bring me to a 404?

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:42 am

Because they are inordinately old.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:43 am
Profile WWW

Maybe I CAN help you.
I can code for fire arms and resprite actors.
So I am planing on making Gue'vesa.
Pm me to give work, it'd be nice.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12