View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 The HM[WIP] Tau Mod (WH40K) - [Alpha Released: 01/05/09] 

Post Re: The HMWIP Tau Mod (WH40K)
First off, PM to Shard, telling him I thought he was a troll, and then if he wants to stay in the thread he needs to contribute content. done.

Second Vagyr, when you make something, make JUST that piece IE gun and ammo, and whatnot into 1 RTE, Upload it, 411570N3 and I will pick at it for a bit, and include the good bits. Even if all you have is 'bits' that aren't good, submit it anyway with instructions of how to use the bits, and I'll test it. (So if you create JUST an explosion, but not a matching bomb, thats fine, just make it look like the standard coalition grenade, and i'll test how it works, for the explody bit.

Also, Please create a LIST of all of the objects used IE each pixel, each particle, each MOSR, etc, and say what they are. To give you an example, here is how my Fusion blaster works (the names should probably be changed so....)

1) MOPixel - Is, a bullet, this is what hits things
2) AEmitter - Emits a single '1)' at a velocity of I think 300
3) TDE - Lifetime 1 TDE, ROUND, has a bunch of AEmitters '2)' attached facing one way, Orient to velocity
--The result is all the AEmitters face (most of the time) where you aim, and fire a bunch of parallel MOPixels
4) magazine
5) HDevice.

objects to be added there are also duplicates of 1) 2) and 3) for a Tracer round, they are exactly the same, but colored differently.

Things to add include Shells, Muzzleflash, and semi-complex clouds of glow to mask the uglyness of the MOPixels with the huge trails. the semi-complex clouds will be part of both the muzzleflash, and the shells.

I've been way to lazy and havent played CC at all since I last criticized the release we have. I'm sorry, I just haven't been feeling like it for some reason. I'm not in the mood to code. Vagyr, if your up to it, could you do me a favor?

Take the Stealthsuit jetpack you made, and those glows, Tweak there mass and such , and use it to try to finish the fusion blaster I started. just make Shell = CopyOf those particles and I'll try to do it myself. granted it will probably lag a bit, and I'll need 411570N3 to de-lag-ify it somehow, but either you'll do it sooner, or I'll do it later, either way we'll probably end up with a simmilar result.

3rd... you type almost as much as me 411570N3, I have to reply to that.

411570N3 wrote:
Progress:
EDIT 1: I'm planning to code something that will make the seeker missiles slightly guided, and not even needing seperate markerlights for each team.

Make them.... actors... that suck themselfs at enemy actors... and explode?

also from here on out, for convenience, lets 'pretend' that 1 actor and its equipment, accounts for an entire squad, for the sake of who's aloud what. after all, we can't restrict 1/3 of stealthsuits to fusion blasters, we can't restrict 4 rail rifles at most per squad, and we can't really restrict how many markerlight hits can be fired per squad, after all, 8 pathfinders can get up to 8 at a time, whereas we can't have 8 pathfinders in CC at a time, aimed at the same target, and still be considered 1 squad.

411570N3 wrote:
EDIT 2: Also, I think I'll be able to make this release mac compatible... =D

What makes a mod mac compatible? I feel so stupid, but I've never owned a mac.
411570N3 wrote:
EDIT 3: I think I made the pulse rifle too awesome...

Pics, maybe upload progress, I liked how it was except it ate terrain to fast and the ammo was ugly, and the lifetime to short, thats like 3 variables.
411570N3 wrote:
EDIT 4: The pulse rifle is working well now...
EDIT 5: Standardised the pulse round, now embarking on rest of pulse weapons, the round looks really spiffy now.

again, pics
411570N3 wrote:
EDIT 7: Started on the Photon Grenade
EDIT 8: Epic amount of optimisation on the Photon Grenade...
EDIT 9: Finished Photon Grenade, works the same as before, except it'll load in about half the time. Changed them to the little discs Miles was asking for.

pics of said optimization, does it still make everyone shoot at it? did you make the ball things smaller, and glowie? it is supposed to be light after all. it also says that it is in all spectrums of light which means it should be the epileptic rainbow seizure bomb, unfortunately it would look either really gay, really laggy, really pixely, or really gay.
411570N3 wrote:
EDIT 10: Begun working on the Pulse Carbine, the standardised round's really going to pay off here... And now I'm almost completely sure that this release will be mac compatible =D

So does this mean it nolonger explodes? w00t!

also for the burst cannon, just darken up the sprite re-color the ammo, and improve there lifetime. it was perfect.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Okay.
What makes things mac compatible is lack of certain references to Base.rte and lack of backslashes. Apart from that there are very few things that make it mac incompatible.
The photon grenade ball things were emitting something like 2000 little bursts of smoke a minute, I've lowered it and it still looks fine.
For the seeker missile I was planning on just making it Team = -1, it will spawn very quickly and go down before detonating into the actor with a limited aim view. So basically unless you decide to crash tackle your target after shooting a markerlight after him then we won't need a team specific markerlight.
I'll release when I've got all of the old stuff working.
After this release I'm going to do custom materials and armour, I might add pathfinders too, we'll just see if I decide to be sucky at helmet spriting when it comes to it.

EDITS:
1. Progress: The Pulse Carbine is done, the Grenade now actually launches from the grenade launcher, at a good velocity, and only the first round of the magazine, I'm really quite happy with it.
2. Vagyr and Miles and anyone else, what are you working on at the moment? I want to have offsetted sprites ready for you when you finish coding whatever you do, or optionally I want to have offsets ready for whatever sprite you make. Either way.
3. Starting burst cannon. I'm going to have to make it heavier for balance if it's actually going to be 2 pulse carbines strapped together, which in canon it is.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:03 am
Profile WWW

Tried it a bit, fun, weapons sounds, behavior and looks are nice (pretty blue thingies of death)... Firewarriors looks a bit "dwarf-like", and all the ammo have way too little range (the aimed view is good)
I like it so far anyway.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:10 am

I don't like the current release at all. That's why I'm making a new one, and it's going to be awesome =).
EDITS:
Progress:
1. How does everyone feel about firing from both barrels at once? I think I'll make it do that and give new glows as muzzle effects to match. They'll look AWESOME.
2. Got bored, decided to do symbols for each sept and caste.
3. Made new module icon, I think it's better...

Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:13 am
Profile WWW

I don't like the idea of adding the grenade launcher to the guns, even though it's cannon, purely because untill we get 2ndary fire in a later build (which data said will come) It won't work in a good way. IE if you start shooting and have to re-load, you'll just end up spamming grenades, and these things, if you spam them, will start to lag FAST... try throwing 10 of them, I dare you.
411570N3 wrote:
Progress:
1. How does everyone feel about firing from both barrels at once? I think I'll make it do that and give new glows as muzzle effects to match. They'll look AWESOME.

Both barrels of what?

Pulse rifle is single barrel with a sight,
Carbine is single barrel, w/ sight and grenade launcher (which underslung grenade launchers suck in CC atm)
Pistol is pistol
Fusion blaster technically has double barrels but thats due to GW lazyness.

Burst cannon is a gatling gun, with multi barrels, 4 to be exact, but stealthsuits look like they only have 3 for some reason. I dont think we can well do 4 barrel fire, short of lua. But, anyway I'd like to say I like that as it is, just tweak the offsets till its perfect.

Interesting thing I found out and this is important.

YOU CAN HAVE DECIMALS OF OFFSETS!

X = 12.25
Y = -7.5

IT WORKS!

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:04 am
Profile YIM WWW

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
I don't like the idea of adding the grenade launcher to the guns, even though it's cannon, purely because untill we get 2ndary fire in a later build (which data said will come) It won't work in a good way. IE if you start shooting and have to re-load, you'll just end up spamming grenades, and these things, if you spam them, will start to lag FAST... try throwing 10 of them, I dare you.
411570N3 wrote:
Progress:

Both barrels of what?

Pulse rifle is single barrel with a sight,
Carbine is single barrel, w/ sight and grenade launcher (which underslung grenade launchers suck in CC atm)
Pistol is pistol
Fusion blaster technically has double barrels but thats due to GW lazyness.

Burst cannon is a gatling gun, with multi barrels, 4 to be exact, but stealthsuits look like they only have 3 for some reason. I dont think we can well do 4 barrel fire, short of lua. But, anyway I'd like to say I like that as it is, just tweak the offsets till its perfect.

Interesting thing I found out and this is important.

YOU CAN HAVE DECIMALS OF OFFSETS!

X = 12.25
Y = -7.5

IT WORKS!
Check the Codex link in the OP. There's two stubby things at the end of the gun, they both fire. I'm changing it to reflect this unless there's specific disagreement. Also, how's the Fusion Blaster coming along? I'll post pics sometime soon....

EDIT: Stuffed the folder up, if Miles can't fix it then I'll just have to start again... don't worry, I had current backups of code, this is still going to be really annoying for me though... T_T

EDIT 2: Got everything working again. New muzzleflashes for all the pulse weapons. Now firing from both barrels at once. It looks awesome and feels awesome =)

EDIT 3: Pulse Pistol done. Burst Cannon nearly done. Will post screenies when I cbf...

EDIT 4: I CAN-bf
Attachment:
File comment: Why does the Stealthsuit have dual pistols? Because he's BADASS that's why.
Actors.bmp
Actors.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 8587 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Glowy.
Glowy Rounds and Muzzleflashes.bmp
Glowy Rounds and Muzzleflashes.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 8582 times ]

EDIT 5:
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
Remember me saying I delaggified them? Yeah. You could probably have about 10 on screen before it starts lagging..... and there's only one per clip. So yeah. I'll change them to secondary fire when we get Lua, but it should be fine for now.

EDIT 6: Yeah, so everything looks really spiffy now. And the guns are held with both hands, sometimes more than Vanilla... so once I get the Burst Cannon done and the rest of the weapons I feel are complete then I'll release. After that I'll be doing resprites, armour and materials for the next release.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:12 am
Profile WWW

I've just gotta say that the way you guys have focused this mod is really great. It's suddenly got a future, which is a lot more than I ever really thought as of the last thread.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:51 am

We try.

Well we've got a future, albeit a substandardly sprited one... We really need an actor spriter... -_-"
I have a feeling this might turn out the same way as the offsets, with me doing it. But I can hope, a new thread, a new deal.

Anyway, progress report: The burst cannon is working well, the effect goes pretty well with it. Starting to work on the other weapons. A release looks probable within the week. And I can almost guarantee that. Though if I miss that, then I'll be stuck with a crappy computer for a while and mightn't be able to test properly.

Stuff left to do before release:
Seeker Missiles
Failsafe Detonator (Maybe not, we don't have a battlesuit to use it yet)
Rail Rifle
Heavy Rail Rifle (Maybe not, non-canon and I cbf doing a count-as system)
Fusion Blaster (Waiting for code)

Anyway, I'll be needing 2 or 3 beta testers, pm or post, it's your decision.

EDIT: This will look better when I do the resprite and the elbow fits properly in the socket for the Burst Cannon. =)
Attachment:
File comment: Whoosh
Mwahahahaha.bmp
Mwahahahaha.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 8573 times ]

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:15 am
Profile WWW

i've only got about a minute so I'll try to make this fast.

I sort of like the new muzzle flash (from the screen caps is all i've got), but it is far to uniform, perfect circles = bad, make several flashes that are the same general shape, but have minor variation IE gaps.

2nd, I sort of like how the new ammo looks, but I've still got to test them later

3rd The pulse carbine is the wrong size. The pulse rifle is to the carbine, as the shotgun is to say, a sawed off shotgun... rifle = big, carbine = small, pistol = dinky little nothing, just makes a small hole pew pew...

4th-- Out of time

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Seriously, I've been through this.
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
I sort of like the new muzzle flash (from the screen caps is all i've got), but it is far to uniform, perfect circles = bad, make several flashes that are the same general shape, but have minor variation IE gaps.
So wait, I can have multiple muzzleflashes? HOWHOWHOWHOWHOW?
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
3rd The pulse carbine is the wrong size. The pulse rifle is to the carbine, as the shotgun is to say, a sawed off shotgun... rifle = big, carbine = small, pistol = dinky little nothing, just makes a small hole pew pew...
Observe:
Pulse Rifle, very long and thin
Pulse Carbine, torso tall and double stomach long
Anyway, I've decided I may as well leave the Markerlight 'til later for Lua... release soon... just need to implement Miles' code for the rail rifles and get hopefully get Miles' code for the fusion blaster. If I don't have it by Saturday I'm releasing without it.
Also, figured out concepts for most of the actors I plan to do, also figured out that the XV15 and XV25 weapons are slightly different. Will change sprites to reflect this. Also might make a more canon Burst Cannon...

Hehehe canon burst cannon

Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:33 am
Profile WWW

I was taking a look after 20 days without connection and just 3 things to say.

1:
Attachment:
greypulserifle.bmp

2:
Attachment:
coco-bongo.bmp

3:
I'm out 20 days and you vagyr, greek rat, erase me from msn? I know who I can't trust.

Have all a nice day, escept vagyr.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:27 am

Thanks for the heavy burst cannon, whilst I mightn't use it in full, at the very least parts of it will be used. Hmm.... actually, I'll leave it in the pack as an extra when there's code for it...

Anyway, this release is pretty much done.
My goals for the release after this one:
Custom Materials
Pathfinders
Resprited Fire Warriors, I'll probably end up doing the walkpaths myself.
Resprited XV15s, See above
XV25s
Armour for all of the above
Corresponding weapons
Maybe an XV22

The point is, these are my goals. What I plan to have made myself before the next release. If anyone wants to do something from the list then post here. If anyone wants to do anything else then post here.
Another important point is the fact that I don't plan on having made XV8s by then. I might have sprited some of it, and I already have concepts of it, but if anyone wants to make it before the release after this one then they're more than welcome and encouraged greatly to.

Another point, if anyone needs resources to work off of, I can get you pretty much anything barring the Taros Campaign delivered to your feet. I can find you canon information, canon reference pictures and some sprue pictures.

Another point, we need more people, if you only read this thread and constantly think "Nah, they don't need someone with as little skill as me", then I disagree. Pretty much any skill level is allowed, if only because you might think of a good concept. Note that your code and/or sprites mightn't make it in entirety into the mod, but we'll still try our best to include it.

Now, what's everyone working on?
If you're working on anything then it'd be nice if you posted, because I might be able to include it in the release. This includes Miles, NaXx, Vagyr, Duh102, Grenade, Shard... seriously, ANYONE.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:58 am
Profile WWW

I'm working on a ChainGun Bot come from metal slug,
a Bradley Mk2 come too from M.S. , a ufo tank deployer
and I actually accept any request of tau makers.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:41 am

If you ever feel like making anything on this mod, there's nothing stopping you. I won't stop you, certainly. The thing is, even if someone else has already made it, if yours is better, then it's included. =) If they're both good, then we'll fuse them into some magical ball of awesomeness...
Or include them both, y'know, clsoe enough.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:09 am
Profile WWW

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next