View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Animal mods? 

Post Re: Animal mods?
Marloss wrote:
It would be kinda stunning to see a parasite turn your troops against you.

Lizard wrote:
Couldn't that be made by making a crab with a mounted converter weapon on top of it?

yes, headcrabs would be awesome. a parasite that actually turns your troops into enemy zombies.

oh and uhhh... daman scares me.

Sun May 17, 2009 5:34 am

alright im going to start fleshing out my digger ants idea. they would be called infestors or corrupters. they would dig around underground and make your way up to your troops. upon reaching your troops they would jump on to you. if more than say 5 lept on to you your actor would turn into a zombie like creature that would leap at your own guys. i believe that this would be perfectally possible with lua.

ill get to drawings and sprites soon.

Sun May 17, 2009 6:19 am

Manticore wrote:
alright im going to start fleshing out my digger ants idea. they would be called infestors or corrupters. they would dig around underground and make your way up to your troops. upon reaching your troops they would jump on to you. if more than say 5 lept on to you your actor would turn into a zombie like creature that would leap at your own guys. i believe that this would be perfectally possible with lua.

ill get to drawings and sprites soon.

Wait, so when five of them get on you, they take over your mind? Any reason why?
It could be done, but it wouldn't be done well, and you would have to make a ant zombified'd version of every actor you wanted it to work on.

It is a cool idea though; did it originate when you heard about Cordyceps, that fungus that takes over ants' minds, and kills it by growing in it, eventually letting out spores that can affect other ants in this way? Or did it come from the phorid fly that lays a parasitic egg inside an ant thorax and when it hatches it eats the ant's brain, making it wander for weeks until it's head just falls of and it dies? Either way I guess ants and mind control do kinda go hand in hand.

Reproduction? Ants? I'm now reminded of ♥♥♥♥ ants. lol

Sun May 17, 2009 9:17 am

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
I didn't draw it, that was dalamin, my boyfriend, I'm inking and coloring it, I submitted it with his permission, so if you want to compliment my ability on it, tell me how the inking looks and the colors (mind you this is the first thing i've ever inked at all.)
...boyfreind..? ..he IS perfect..... and nice inking, and tell Dalamin, he is a very good artist.

Sun May 17, 2009 1:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Razura wrote:
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
I didn't draw it, that was dalamin, my boyfriend, I'm inking and coloring it, I submitted it with his permission, so if you want to compliment my ability on it, tell me how the inking looks and the colors (mind you this is the first thing i've ever inked at all.)
...boyfreind..? ..he IS perfect..... and nice inking, and tell Dalamin, he is a very good artist.

I tell him as much all the time when he's not screaming at quake 4.

Also that thing he drew, Can be done in CC without lua. Its a giant Crab, with the bulk of its body as an attachable, then the scythe arms are just HDevices. it would be huge though, and probably top-heavy. but with fiddling with mass and attachables, fiddling with lua, and fiddling with the way the limbs work (like a tank) I'm sure its doable very well.

and once again. Wut?

Sun May 17, 2009 4:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Yes quake 4 is a hard one..... i would know oh and the teeth are just what the thingy needed so awsome. (tell your bf everyone likes the thingy he made.)

Sun May 17, 2009 5:51 pm

..quake 4, that was great. i had it a while ago. i think i still have it somewhere. Has anyone got Mass Effect? there is these big things called the 'Thresher Maw' was like a big evil nasty floor worm monster. they would be cool.

Sun May 17, 2009 6:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW

ok lets get back on topic.

Mon May 18, 2009 4:57 am

singing frogs. shoot them to make them stop singing.

-edit

dalamin suggests birds that fly around and do bird things.

re-edit

dalamin says the birds don't need to look like birds at all, they just have to fly.

Mon May 18, 2009 5:16 am
Profile YIM WWW

Holy crap miles your right that bird thingy or whatever it is dat your bf drew does look like a triandid or whatever it is from forge world ong i searched it and the prices are high but looks cool so i baught!

Mon May 18, 2009 5:19 am

Crickets! We need to have crickets! Especially in the cemetery!
Birds that fly around and get sucked in dropship engines if they are too close?
Gigantic, colossal land-crawling squids!

Mon May 18, 2009 3:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I'm sure this has been asked at one point or another, but it is possible to have a Acrab with more than four legs? I noticed the digger ant idea earlier and it got me thinking about that.

Thu May 21, 2009 2:44 am
Profile YIM

Sadly no... you could make the other legs as attachables though. In theory you could make a digger bug, the 'front claws' being HDevices, four working legs and dunno how many fake attachable legs.

But still, can there be centipede-like 'train' creatures? I know about actor binding with lua (more like herd of it) from piipu, so how about making a string of AHumans? Is this possible?

Thu May 21, 2009 8:20 am
Profile YIM WWW

so how about making a string of AHumans? Is this possible?[/quote]
Probobly, but wouldnt that be retarted?

Thu May 21, 2009 1:22 pm

acemaclace wrote:
Probobly, but wouldnt that be retarted?

I do not see killer centipedes as retarded. I find them awesome.
If this can be done, you could technically have a jackknifing train, or a worm-like creature. The front AHuman would have the head and main HDevice, and the rest are realistic legs. Realistic WORKING legs. But since I don't know jack about lua, I'll keep this in the clouds for now.

Thu May 21, 2009 3:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next