View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:33 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 BuildABot 

Post BuildABot
Hello people of the Cortex Command forums! I'm very new at modding and wanted to throw this out there. Ive been watching this forum for a long time and i cant believe no one has come up with the idea im about to present. Its such a simple concept. What i did is threw together random parts of random Actors. I call it Build A Bot, therefore u can build your own bot. by replacing what i already have in the build a bot folder u can edit the actor very easily. i realize anyone could do this, but im trying to grasps the basics of lua and im lucky i got the Index written right. So if ur mad at me for this then so be it.... Later :-P

Btw the explination explains everything neccesary to understand Build A Bot. so pics wont do much good but if u insist just say so :???:

Attachments:
BuildABot.rte.rar [75.2 KiB]
Downloaded 362 times
Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:28 am
Banned

Post Re: BuildABot
Uh, isn't this just another template?

Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:20 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Metal Meltdown wrote:
Uh, isn't this just another template?

Yes, yes it is.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:34 am
Banned

Then it should be in mod making, and Ghost, you should have searched before claiming that no one has made this before. Azukki already made templates for pretty much everything.
Evidence.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:38 am
Profile YIM

I told you nobody looks at stickies unless they're relevant to what they want; nobody researches this crap.
I vote for the re-sticky of the modding templates thread, or even some red READ FIRST signs.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:11 am
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

I'm telling you, there should be some sort of mandatory quiz required before you can post topics.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Tomaster wrote:
I'm telling you, there should be some sort of mandatory quiz required before you can post topics.

Yeah, and some scary thing that pops up on your screen swearing at you for your incompetence if you fail the quiz

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:53 pm
Loose Canon

1nfernal wrote:
Tomaster wrote:

Yeah, and some scary thing that pops up on your screen swearing at you for your incompetence if you fail the quiz

Scary thing? I have just the one.

ONTOPIC: Templates have already been done, as has already been said, but since I'm not a modder, I can't really pass judgement on the quality of this template.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
I've moved this here, but I'm of course open to additional input. (Preferably directed to my PM inbox.)

Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:49 pm

as ive said very basic.... yes its just a template. i couldve said just go change an Actor already in the game, but that would screw up the game.... so i added an extra folder and a template. yes im a nub as i said i cant script... im still learning.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:28 pm

Our point is this: There is already a template for robots (and for basicly everything else) made by Azukki. It's nice that you made that, but how about you keep it for yourself.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:51 pm
Banned

GhostOfDawn wrote:
As I've said, very basic.... yes, it's just a template. I could've said: just go change an Actor already in the game, but that would screw up the game.... so I added an extra folder and a template. Yes I'm a nub as I said I can't script... I'm still learning.

And as we've said, the templates have been already done. This is overkill. I'm not trying to bash you, just trying to point out that while you meant well, you could have searched before posting this.
Now, modding itself doesn't really need Lua, that's just for fancy stuff and/or extra eye candy. Making regular stuff just requires patience and a willingness to restart CC a couple of dozen times per weapon.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:55 pm
Profile YIM

alright. next time ill make sure ive created something unique. ill return. Later :smile:

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:58 pm
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
And with that, the drama subsided.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:01 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]