View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:43 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Predator mod: We're good for now - lock if you want 

Post Predator mod: We're good for now - lock if you want
Hello good ladies and gentlemen.

Throughout my many failed attempts at making good quality mods, it has dawned on me that I cannot sprite.

This is where you come in, community. I need spriters that are specifically good at making actor sprites, as I would like to make a Predator mod based on the movies. As the spriter for this mod, you would only need to make the base requisite sprites for an actor.
This includes:

The above encompasses the bare minimum of what is required. However, in addition, there are some things that would greatly assist me in making this mod releasable.
In order of importance:

Again, I can make every bit of the code, all I need are the sprites. PM me if you are intrigued, or feel free to post your sprites here.

Thanks to all!

Last edited by Joe on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:00 pm

Post Re: Predator mod: Spriters wanted
a crap double ended spear I whipped up... figured I may as well offer it here, although im certain that almost anyone can make a better one :-(

yea yea I know my shading sucks... possible also the epiky bits, since im not entirely sure how to spike things correctly yet -_-

as I said, this will probobly be blown by very quickly.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:07 am

The shape needs to be much longer, and you might want to not make half of the thing pitch black.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:13 am

I would help if i could sprite :S

Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:10 am

Hey! Im glad to see someone with a detailed request instead of just a few words about what they want. Im an "okay" spriter. I can do characters partley well. (Ive never been judged on how good or bad my sprites are) Let me have a crack at the helmet and head. Im a horrile scripter and coder so that work should be done by others. Just one question. Do you want a resprite or for me to start from scratch. (I personaly suggest a re-sprite.)

Edit 1: I guess it doesnt matter Ill do a resprite, but im not going to name the files, specifically because it somehow screws things up. So if anyone receives the file it will be a plain actor file.
Edit 2: It would be alot more helpful for there to be a picture of its head and helmet showing its right side.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:06 am
DRLGrump

I'm pretty positive resprites are looked down upon unless they're extremely good ones. And even then it's eh.
Maybe post some of your sprites so people can have a look at them?

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:18 am

I would...eh, but my f***ing roomate was trying to clean my computer out of spam files and deleted most of them. Ive only been at spriting for about 6 months now and have never bothered to ask. A resprite is the re-doing of a template right?

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:22 am

Well I just finished the second stage of the head. 1st. forhead and eyes. 2nd. Hair and inner mouth. but i need to do the third. 3rd. Outward mandables. (quad) which im having trouble with the sprite doesnt look half bad but its not all accurate either.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:58 am

Thanks for all the support guys, I'm so glad people are willing to help.

@Element-zero: I would very much like to see those sprites as soon as they're done. About the mandibles, if you are having too much trouble with them, you can just make the basic outline and I'll do some work with them. I can make aesthetic touches, I'm just not good at making stuff from scratch.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:44 pm

Are you going to release this mod?

Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Yes. In all likelihood this will be a releasable mod.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Nice cant wait to test it predators probably my fave movies, also is the a xenomorph? mod out there?

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:12 pm

I've just begun the base codes and I only have plans for the scripts I'm going to use. This mod is going to be in development for some time. I will make a pre-alpha available for testers once I have something that works. I will in addition make Xenomorph actors that drop from space to fight in skirmish, as there is not currently a Xenomorph mod in existence. However, the Xenomorphs will be very basic, AI usable, and one of the last things I make for this mod.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:28 pm

The head sprite ive come up with so far isnt the most accurate but it covers the details needed, it looks odd to alot of people so ill improve it by your standards when I let you see it.

EDIT 1: I dont like the results of it, but im done with the head. It doesnt look that good, but thats all I could fit in the pink box. If there werent limitations it would look better. Ill post the image now, but dont say "oh this guy sucks" when you first see it, its hard to find the right mesh of colors to match the predators pale yet dark face.
EDIT 2: I didnt know there was a porivate option i will not put it on publicly.

Last edited by Element-zero on Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:35 pm

PM your current work to me EEZO.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:44 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next