View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Modified working weapon, now it ---- FIXED 

Post Modified working weapon, now it ---- FIXED
It's the damnedest thing. Ordinarily, if CC detects something it doesn't like during startup, it'll abort, generating an "abortscreen.bmp". What I've done causes CC to simply crash immediately upon trying to load the entry, no popup detailing why, and no "abortscreen.bmp" generated.

I had created a weapon, .ini file attached, which has been functional for some time. I was trying to add a shaped-charge warhead effect, following Mehman's tutorial, as my own attempt using simple gibs caused the projectiles to fly in the opposite direction. I created an AEmitter with all the particles which were previously gibbed individually from the carrier MOSRotating and added said AEmitter to the MOSRotating, a la:

AddGib = Gib
GibParticle = AEmitter
etc.

... And I now have this puzzling issue. It must be some rule of ini coding that I'm simply ignorant of, as I've looked over the relevant entries several times, and nothing jumps out at me as glaringly wrong. Would one of you lads (or lasses) take a gander and see what you can find?

The relevant AddEffects are the second and third entries.

BTW, for the curious, it has dependencies for files that I moved into the Coalition.rte. Therefore, it's nonfunctional as is. I'm not currently planning on releasing the Krak Cannon, or it's twin, the Thump Cannon (not in this file), as they're frankensteined together from various pieces I thought would make amusing toys on long-range scenes. If you'd really like to see the working prototypes, I could slap together an .rte. The Krak Cannon is intended (eventually) for anti-armor or base assault purposes, and uses a modified Proximitytrigger.lua from Darlos' Darkstorm faction. The Thump Cannon uses material from Cheesemonkey's Fuel-Air Bomb, nerfed since it's a shoulder-fired cannon projectile, not an airdropped bomb.

tl;dr - It broke. Please help. :(

EDIT - Right! A good night's rest brought me to the answer. I failed to fully construct the AEmitter in question. Looking at an AEmitter which is two or three entries down in that same file (the shame!), I corrected the issue. Still, it would be nice if such an error created an RTE Abort, rather than simply crashing the program.

I have since discovered that something I changed now causes the projectile to promptly explode in the actor's face. Rather unfortunate, but also irrelevant to this topic. So, this issue is resolved. Feel free to lock the thread at your discretion.

Attachments:
KrakCannon.ini [10.82 KiB]
Downloaded 235 times
Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]