View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Predator mod - Scripters wanted! 

Post Re: Predator mod - Scripters wanted!
carriontrooper wrote:
while in Predator: Concrete Jungle

That was my very best favourite of all times, gory, wild, mixed with humankind...
sadly it just poped out in PS2 and the maps were kind of simple ( a couple of squares with people running around)
I would PAY for playing the predator inside APB scenarios, full of innocents :P *drools*

carriontrooper wrote:
Also, it would be cool if the chakram/disk is in. Throw it, and we can adjust its trajectory by moving our aim. I think it can be done.
As for the pred spear, your B24 mod's got it covered.

Already done, Elektroboomer by cricket and harpoongun by numgun, they will be fairly credited.

I'm going to place my bet in 90% cocktail of melee and hunt weapons with 10% of tecnological devices,
such as the shoulder cannon, possibly the visual filters, the autodestruction bomb and perhaps some reinforcement caller,
the last one is relative because I have already made it with german parachuters and oh god, it was terrific to make it work ok.

About the trophies, not really sure how to implement it, perhaps one special scenario, in the inside of
your ship, you'll be able to visit your trophy room and take a look to all heads of actors you have killed... dunnow.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Well, I was just thinking, they got a way to 'upgrade' right? What if the way to 'upgrade' is to take x amount of heads? So for example, we have a Pred actor with an auto-decapitating wristblade lua'd in him (like Darkstorm's knife or punch). The same lua script would also keep track of how many 'heads' he's 'collected' (read: decapitated), and once x heads have been 'harvested', you can update your Pred to a better Pred.
It could work kinda like my Cordycs, only swap 'killing enemies with their seed gun' with 'taking heads', 'enough gold' with 'enough heads', and 'spawning or upgrading actors' with 'upgrading actors'.
Autodestruct bomb would probably work like this:
Pred dies -> inner lua makes an invisible mosrotating or whatnot which sticks to Pred's location -> mosrot has lua in it which makes an explosion after x seconds

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Harvesting heads sounds pretty silly in cortex command, because in difference of another games corpses become static terrain
and hunting can take place in battlelines, I guess it would be very cool but tiresome game mechanic, to collect heads...
Why not auto-consider them skinned and de-boned collecting them as trophies? O_o

I know there are people more sicko than me and they would rather to see gory prey processing, but come on,
this is cortex command, remember how ended all that stuff involving the baby blender mod... not nicely.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Eh, at least they're taken while the 'prey' is alive, so it fits with the 'honor' system. But take it how you want, though.
And oh don't forget the healing crystals they use to instantly go back to 100 health. Maybe have it as a helddevice linked to a lua function in the pred actor... so for example you can only use the health recharge when there's 1 or more crytal helddevices in actor inventory, and then removing one of them when it's activated.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I'd also like to implement the regenerative blue cristals but as you can perceive taking a look,
healing systems in cortex command still naive and didn't evolved since B21 (limbs still not heal-able or replaceable)

So they just roar and life goes up, that's what current lua allow us to do :???:
well, you can super-clone and "equalize" the old one, by removing it...
making everything the same except what you want to heal, dark sorcery.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:36 pm

Well we can circumvent that by doing one of these things:
-remember Predator 2 when that predator got his hand cut off? He used some kind of medikit that healed him up, but not his hand. So we can make something that doesn't regenerate limbs.
-on the other hand, we could make it regenerate limbs by 'deleting' the old actor and replacing it with a clone, and transfer the old 'stats' (ie. trophies collected, whatever's in inventory) to the new one. This way you have a 'full' actor with the same stats as the old one.
Healing crystals are very doable.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:19 am
Profile YIM WWW

carriontrooper wrote:
-remember Predator 2 when that predator got his hand cut off? He used some kind of medikit that healed him up, but not his hand. So we can make something that doesn't regenerate limbs.

Believe me when I tell you, these predator actors are BIG for average actors and their limbs suffer a lot of punishment,
have a medical acid crystal which only regenerate HP will end up with one mutilated giant torso full of bleeding wounds...
carriontrooper wrote:
-on the other hand, we could make it regenerate limbs by 'deleting' the old actor and replacing it with a clone, and transfer the old 'stats' (ie. trophies collected, whatever's in inventory) to the new one. This way you have a 'full' actor with the same stats as the old one.
Healing crystals are very doable.

Have you seen "the outer limits" chapter of teleport? which some lizards similar looking to dinosaurs share with humankind a
very advanced technology to duplicate a body with the same characteristics, in other completely different place while remove the old one?
That was not teleporting, that was a cut&paste of living beings, and this wouldn't be a medical stone, it would be a cut&paste of living actors.

I'm completely against "remove-actor-in-order-to-heal-his-limbs" no matter how free of bugs it is.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:49 pm

This is the progress done until now, predator weapons completely kick asses,
and the xenomorphs are fast and acidic bleeding, which ends crazily...

Until now, I tried to contact akblabla but he doesn't give signals of life :???:
so I consider this mod-proyect closed until he says something...

Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:21 pm

Naxete wrote:
xenomorphs are fast and acidic bleeding, which ends crazily...

Question: Will you be able to buy and play as xeno's?

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:29 pm

unwoundpath wrote:
Naxete wrote:
xenomorphs are fast and acidic bleeding, which ends crazily...

Question: Will you be able to buy and play as xeno's?

If akblabla decides to not reply anymore, you wouldn't be able to play as anything seen on this thread :???:

Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Naxete wrote:
If akblabla decides to not reply anymore, you wouldn't be able to play as anything seen on this thread :???:

Good point! XD

Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:15 am

Nonsequitorian wrote:
BUT THEY ARE SO SEXY! NOOOO.

Hey, that reminds me. I gotta go do an ABUSE mod. Oh god I love that game.

Thank you, don't doubt they're so manly and powerful as they look.

Abuse mod meaning raping? watch out with polemical subjects... the staff will annihilate you until
no ashes remains if they doesn't like what you're working on, just like the inventor of water-powered car.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:15 am

Naxete wrote:
Nonsequitorian wrote:
BUT THEY ARE SO SEXY! NOOOO.

Hey, that reminds me. I gotta go do an ABUSE mod. Oh god I love that game.

Thank you, don't doubt they're so manly and powerful as they look.

Abuse mod meaning raping? watch out with polemical subjects... the staff will annihilate you until
no ashes remains if they doesn't like what you're working on, just like the inventor of water-powered car.

Staff won't, everybody loves ABUSE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abuse_video_game

Any sign of OP yet?

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:35 pm

I think akblabla is attacked by Predator :lol:

Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:27 am

Oh god that stuff is wonderful!

I really hope you guys release it all!

Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next