View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Extending the material palette 

Post Extending the material palette
Hey I want to know if there is a way to extend or mod the material palette of CC because I have a ton of mods that I like however because of the material palette limit I can't play them all. So if anyone can help me with this I will be forever grateful.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:26 am

Post Re: Extending the material palette
I don't think there are enough mods with custom materials combined to fill up all the undefined indexes...

You probably have some conflicting indexes on materials on some mods.
Or maybe you happen to have two materials that use the same color rather than index, but this is highly unlikely...

Find whatever mods crash your game and change index numbers on the material code.

These are all the indexes that are unused in the vanilla game, mods with custom material use these.

If you have two custom materials that use say, index 4 - then it's a no go. You'll need to change one, and so on.

I recommend opening "Base.rte/Materials.ini" and reading the documentation in there to get a better understanding of how that stuff works.

Good luck.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:49 pm

So what if the material index number is over the 256 limit like for example 1000 would that cause conflict.

Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:58 am
happy carebear mom

Pretty sure it wouldn't even be usable and would probably either crash or just not work.
The index is tightly coupled to the number of colors possible in Cortex, which is limited to 256 (0 through 255).

Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:07 pm

Duh102 wrote:
Pretty sure it wouldn't even be usable and would probably either crash or just not work.
The index is tightly coupled to the number of colors possible in Cortex, which is limited to 256 (0 through 255).

If that were true, the 40K Recomp wouldn't work at all- I started numbering all the materials at 40,000 explicitly to avoid material index conflicts with other mods.

e.g.;

Code:
AddMaterial = Material
   Index = 40050
   PresetName = Ceramite
   Bounce = 0.25
   Friction = 0.8
   StructuralIntegrity = 120
   DensityKGPerVolumeL = 12
   GibImpulseLimitPerVolumeL = 50
   GibWoundLimitPerVolumeL = 0.5
   Priority = 1000
   SettleMaterial = 182
   Color = Color
      R = 160
      G = 150
      B = 145

The only thing that you need to care about, I think, is the SettleMaterial since that goes by index rather than name. As you can see there, colour can be whatever RGB setup you like.

Now the palette itself is absolutely limited and you won't expand that, but the material indices shouldn't give a damn.

Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:39 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]