View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Property location problem with my first mod. 

Post Property location problem with my first mod.
First, I am sorry for bothering everyone with my stupid noob knowledge about modding, and I didn't know were else to post this, so if it's necessary, please, move this thread. Thanks for the attention.

So, my problem is simple (not for me). I was following a guide for making a first mod, and I made one bealtiful custom weapon (not that bealtiful), I did everything, from the mod folder (Dragoons.rte) to the .ini files. But then when I started the game, it gave me one error because he couldn't find the weapon .ini property, I double checked the path and ended up that it was correctly placed, then I tryed copying the browncoats device.ini and changed so it could load the weapon, the problem was solved, for my despair, another one came, the game could no longer find the device.ini and later, the index.ini, obviously, the path IS correct, I think. Thats it. I uploaded my mod so whoever take some time to help can personaly look unto it.

Mod:

Thanks again!

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:13 am

Post Re: Property location problem with my first mod.
Problem fixed, still, it took some time and I got no answer...

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:43 am

Sorry if you didn't get an answer :P does it work fine now? Just curious, what did the error say exactly? They tend to be very helpful for finding small coding problems in the .ini.

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:02 pm

AndyChanglee wrote:
Sorry if you didn't get an answer :P does it work fine now? Just curious, what did the error say exactly? They tend to be very helpful for finding small coding problems in the .ini.

A small error were it couldn't find the lines in the ini, I fixed by copying another index,device and changed the name of the gun. I copyed the "tutorial files" from the beginners tutorial in the "how to make mod" stuff.

But, now I have the classic palette problem, I really wanted to have one tutorial on how to do it on paint.net, yes, doing in GIMP is easy with all the tutorial stuff, but I am stubborn as a mule. I would really apreciate a tutorial on paint.net.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 pm

I personally use MS Paint. The Palette is simple enough to use and there are plenty of tutorials online.

I looked at Paint.net just now and it reminds me a lot of photoshop. Im fairly certain that there are tutorials online for you palette problem, though using something simpler like Gimp or MS Paint would be more advisable since you are only working with pixels anyways. If you had to worry about picture smoothness, saturation adjustments, red-eye photo problems or such, you would use Paint.net, but for pixel art, simple is indeed easier.

Anyways, did you update your download link for your mod? I found an error in your code in the devices.ini because you didn't indent.

What were you doing with the Browncoat.rte file?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]