View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Is there a better pathfinding mod? 

Post Is there a better pathfinding mod?
I'm working on a small AI mod. So far I've addressed two big issues I have with the vanilla AI. But one issue remains, and that is the somewhat unreliable pathfinding of the AI NPCs. Sometimes they fail to navigate tunnels and get stuck. I was wondering if there's a mod that adresses that issue, so that I could combine it into my AI mod.

By the way, are there any AI mods out there? I couldn't find any.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:16 pm

Post Re: Is there a better pathfinding mod?
Well, there's Squeegy Mackpy's R.E.T.A.R.D.S, which is probably the closest you're going to get to an actual AI mod for now (unless i'm totally missing out on something, which wouldn't be unlike me at all). Don't know if it works for 1.0, but it's there.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18915

Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:41 pm
Profile WWW

I think CC Reloaded improved pathfinding, but it's broken ATM. viewtopic.php?f=61&t=31342

Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:31 pm

Shook wrote:
Well, there's Squeegy Mackpy's R.E.T.A.R.D.S, which is probably the closest you're going to get to an actual AI mod for now (unless i'm totally missing out on something, which wouldn't be unlike me at all). Don't know if it works for 1.0, but it's there.

Naw, unless I'm mistaken (and I just looked through the mod's scripts so I don't think I am) they didn't change the ai at all. They just had small size and good mobility, which meant they worked better than base stuff.

Reloaded is your best bet though, mehman's mobility mod might help a bit. Working with the ai is a challenge, I don't think too many are willing to take up since it's pretty complex stuff.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:57 am

Shook wrote:

It works but there's alot that needs to be changed and is in the process of being changed.

They don't actually change the AI, their success comes from there being lots of them, and they're small and manuverable.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]