View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 White boxes around sprites? [RESOLVED] 

Post White boxes around sprites? [RESOLVED]
Hello, I need assistance with my new Mod.

I've made custom sprites for my first Actor, using the Dummy template from the First Actor Guide here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18296

But now, I've figured out a lot of stuff so far, not yet attatchbles and offsets.

But I've encountered a strange issue found here:

Attachment:
File comment: MY HAANDS!
noideawutisthis.png
noideawutisthis.png [ 27.01 KiB | Viewed 2949 times ]

I'm not sure what the problem is, but here is the mod file:

Attachment:
File comment: Mod File
Legacysr.rte_v1.0.rar [45.75 KiB]
Downloaded 218 times

I have plans to eventually redo all of the Presetnames within the actors .ini file. But that comes later. Right now I'm focused on trying to figure out what is causing these kinds of issues. Because as you can see the rest of the body came out just fine. So I'm not sure what the problem is caused by... nope.

I have plans to eventually make it so it looks like Raziel is flying. Or gliding, if I can figure out how to script in lua.

I also want to make a Soul Reaver weapon, but that comes much later.

Right now I'd like assistance in trying to figure this stuff out.

Any help appreciated.

(Please note that anyone who feels so inclined as to help me with those problems shall have full permission by me to use any and all of my art resources in their own future mods, should they render me assistance in my project.

Also note, that I am an amateur sprite artist who wouldn't mind taking on projects requested by individuals. So should you have the scripting knowledge but lack the art work skills and like what you see. Feel free to PM me with the details and I may be able to help.

Or I make you garbage white box sprites that you can't use - Can't really say on that part. Oh well!)

Last edited by JayTasslehoff on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:14 pm
happy carebear mom

Post Re: White boxes around sprites?
Your sprites aren't in palette. Check out this tutorial (or use the search feature to find a tutorial for your favorite graphics program, if it exists).

Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Post Re: White boxes around sprites?
Duh102 wrote:
Your sprites aren't in palette. Check out this tutorial (or use the search feature to find a tutorial for your favorite graphics program, if it exists).

EDIT:

Okay well, you were right all along.

Apparently, when I was resizing the work area in MSPaint and then resaved it, it somehow corrupted my images palette and made it incompatible with CC.

I fixed this by simply working with the image using my editor of choice from the get go while the palette is loaded so as to not corrupt the image in anyway.

Weird stuff.

But thanks alot!

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]