View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Motor Cycle Unit Idea 

Post Motor Cycle Unit Idea
I've got an idea, that I think might work but I'm not so sure.

So I've thought about it, and I think one way of getting a unit inside of a vehicle could be to simply get it classified as a drop ship but im unfamiliar with all of this.

Has anyone messed around with the idea?

I was wondering if it is possible to classify a drop ship as ACrab. for movement. Then when I press another button or something, or when its health reaches 0, it ejects its cargo, which is another form of unit with an animation like the drop ships.

Is any of this possible? Because it'd be sick if I could do this. Because I could make vehicles with drivers in them. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:47 am

Post Re: Motor Cycle Unit Idea
so no one ever tried any of this?

well I guess I'll just copy and paste the dropship code and add legs to it and delete the jet packs

Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:53 am

Quote:
just copy and paste the dropship code and add legs to it and delete the jet packs

I don't think that will work.

Really the problem with what you want is that it is horribly complicated. It is not impossible, but it is probably beyond what you know at this point or what someone who does know is willing to try. Start a little smaller! Learn what the engine can do before you start having insane dreams about complicated stuff.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:38 pm

DudeAbides wrote:
Quote:
just copy and paste the dropship code and add legs to it and delete the jet packs

I don't think that will work.

Really the problem with what you want is that it is horribly complicated. It is not impossible, but it is probably beyond what you know at this point or what someone who does know is willing to try. Start a little smaller! Learn what the engine can do before you start having insane dreams about complicated stuff.

I see, so most of the crazy pros left the modding scene long ago?

Well, you have any ideas where a novice with crazy ideas might start learning about Lua?

And how does Lua work exactly? Is it an extra function applied Before the .ini. OR AFTER the ini?
And can it apply functions in relation to offsets of characters attachments, actors themselves, or even abilities and skills?

And how do I add extra functions that activate with certain buttons for specific actors? Create their own lua.script individually?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:33 pm

You sure talk a lot for someone who doesn't know anything. Try the SEARCH BAR

Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:30 pm

Unlike the OP, I have been searching around, and his idea was interesting. I'm trying to combine a few mods, and I had an idea for a mountable Bike type vehicle. But more futuristic. I've figured out how to make it Jet Moto'ish. However it tends to just explode or flip uncontrollably.

But what are wheels? Are they just lua'd legs? They have to be, right?

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:00 am

So far, we've got treads, which are just invisible, giant legs with giant feet, aided by hull spriting. They don't even work that well.

Now wheels are like kabloomashlibalubs. Its like thinking about making wireless phones in the 1970s.
BUt if anything they would have to be something that is supposed to move the actor, so they'd have to be legs or engines. Or something new, but that would be kabloomashlibalubs.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:23 am

AndyChanglee wrote:
So far, we've got treads, which are just invisible, giant legs with giant feet, aided by hull spriting. They don't even work that well.

Now wheels are like kabloomashlibalubs. Its like thinking about making wireless phones in the 1970s.
BUt if anything they would have to be something that is supposed to move the actor, so they'd have to be legs or engines. Or something new, but that would be kabloomashlibalubs.

You're right, turns out there just MOSRotating sprites that transfer motion of the body. The actor itself is thrusted in the direction of movement by lua, the MOSRotating - I assume - simply transfer the momentum due to the game's engine. Still trying to figure out how it sticks to any surface like that, would be nice to know.

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:57 am

Location: Hiding behind consoles, playing games called Terraria and Cortex Command in my Anti-Non-Nerd-Bunker
Well, we do have that Experimental Dummy Vehicles mod.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:57 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Hiding behind consoles, playing games called Terraria and Cortex Command in my Anti-Non-Nerd-Bunker
Also, I have a UNSC Halo mod with a Warthog with working wheels. Check that out! :)

Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]