View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Paint/Weapon Making Help 

Post Paint/Weapon Making Help
Soooo... I was gonna upload the new Glock v2 into the game but I have a problem.... :oops:
Umm, I was hoping to make a paint file from the default Glock and edit it but it just stays the same. Like nothing changes, so if you guys have a fix for it, tell me cuz I don't really wanna download new programs, but if I have to I will.. Im hoping this will work,

1. Make a new paint file with a Length and Width of 13 x 8,background Pinkish color
2. Make the Glock v2 and save it as a .bmp
3. Make the Lua file
4. Done!

P.S. I haven't done it yet :oops: Just asking you guys if it might work...
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Post Re: Paint/Weapon Making Help
I don't quite understand your problem, cause it sounds like you are doing the right things.

If you are making improvements to the glock, look for it the ronin folder and change numbers and pixels in there, but if you're aiming for the old and the new glock, then copy the original .bmp, rename it, redraw it, and in the .ini file refering to the Glock, copy and paste it, rename your new .ini and refer to it in the Devices.ini so Cortex command knows to read it, in your new .ini, make sure all of the file paths refer to your new .bmp of the glock, change some numbers if you want, and voila that should be it.

If you want to attach a lua file, make sure to include ScriptPath = thingymahbob somewhere in the .ini where it reads the specs for the glock.

so tldr, check if you refered to it in Devices.ini, that you changed the Filepaths in the .ini, and that the .lua file is refered to in the .ini.

Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:10 pm

Well, I was asking if my technique will work and I guess your saying it will. Lol, thanks (:
But uhh... Theres still a problem.
I repainted and edited it, saved the .Bmp and the Handguns.ini in the Ronin folder, and I tried it out...
It worked, only that there was a White Square surrounding the gun... Could you help me solve that? :oops:

Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:04 pm

You used the pinkish background right? Check to see if all the colors you used are found in the Palette.bmp, there is a thread tutorial on broken .bmps

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:04 am

Well, Ill check it out, sorry for the trouble... :oops:
Maybe Photoshop will work, im just gonna keep experimenting with things until I get the end result ^-^

Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:56 am

MS Paint works the best actually, its standard palette on the bottom is 100% compatible with Cortex Command and editing pixels is easy with magnification tool.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:08 am

Well, I did use paint, then I downloaded Gimp and the Cortex Terrain template and I recolored it. Then I replaced it with the Glock in the Ronin sprites and It worked... only when it was facing the right side, the left was a big mix of random lines going horizontaly, Well heres a screenshot of what I saved in the ronin file- http://prntscr.com/jhjzn And, in the game, only the right side worked. (Remember, I have B27) I just don't know whats wrong... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:49 pm

I would suggest
checking this or this.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]