View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Shielding Problem 

Post Shielding Problem
hello all,

I have been working on a planetside 2 faction mod (mostly for personal use, might release if it's good enough) and I'm having trouble with some LUA shields (original by cavecricket as stated in the code, sourced from the UNSC halo mod).

I had forgotten to remove references to the halo mod in the lua code and it was working perfectly, but when i changed the references to the files i'd copied directly into my mod (pending later replacements/resprites etc) and changed the variables it stopped working.

not sure what I did, I've gone over it to make sure I've not misspelled anything or changed anything, just cannot figure it out.

If anyone has time to peruse the code in the [shielding] folder and the [actors/soldier/soldier.ini] to help out i'd be most appreciative.

i'm including the mod, just remember it's a big work in progress, atm they are nothing more than coalition resprites.
apologies if it has bad references or anything, I'm not the most experienced modder here

Attachments:
Terrans.rte.rar [1.72 MiB]
Downloaded 189 times
Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:01 am

Post Re: Shielding Problem
You're still referencing a file from UNSC.rte, namely the shieldflash file "Particle Terran Shield Hit Glow". That might be the problem or there may something I missed in scanning through it.
If that doesn't help you should post the error line from the console (open it by pressing ~ or /), it'd make it a lot easier to see if there are any other problems.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 am

Post Re: Shielding Problem
thanks bad boy, I will check that out now

Edit again: I'm an idiot. bad boy is exactly right, also I had referenced the wrong freaking backup problem solved!

thanks muchly for your help again

Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]