View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 What the attachable?! 

Post What the attachable?!
I've been trying to make a little ACrab -a walking version of the small turret recently, and something is wrong with the attachables. I want there to be the base shield and a single side shield, but always something goes wrong. When I took the Dreadnaught INI as a base, no shields appeared, and when I used the small turret INI, it showed BOTH sideshields, and both were using the vanilla sprites, not my custom ones. What do I have to do to make it look correct?

Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:53 pm

Post Re: What the attachable?!
Post the script for other modders to take a look, we can only tell you what the problem is if we can see it.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 am

The shields on the mini turret are attached to the base plate, which is attached directly onto the crab body. Anyways, can't tell exactly what's going wrong until you post your code.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:48 am

CaveCricket48 wrote:
The shields on the mini turret are attached to the base plate, which is attached directly onto the crab body. Anyways, can't tell exactly what's going wrong until you post your code.

Ow, thanx! This helped alot - I hadn't removed those attachables from the shield mount base!

Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 pm

Given that the Small Turret is an ACrab already, wouldn't it have worked if you just went and changed the turret's "Null Legs" to Dreadnaught legs, and just copy the offsets and stuff? I'm just wondering because I've had a similar idea. I haven't actually done the .ini, but I may as well settle it now, right?

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]