View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 DayZ Mod - XMAS ALPHA 

Post Re: DayZ Mod v.80 - Hunger/Thirst, Zombie & Loot Spawns
I can tell you, it does take a long time for an alert to subside, as it should.

Yep, the trees are actually ADoors. :) What lua stuff were you using, BTW?

Tue May 28, 2013 11:57 pm

The "flash" effect of teleport devices seems lethal to foreground wood-based tactical infantry.

Wed May 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks saven, as uber said they last for quite a long time, and even when they disappear the zombies may still go to their last location. or what it's worth alerts are mostly in, there's only one small feature left to add for them (which'll be used for other things) but they're pretty buggy right now so there's still more work to be done before they're ready to show off.

And yeah, NPCs will have behaviour patterns, so depending on what they're supposed to do they'll go to, away from or ignore alerts. That's a little ways in the future though, I've got some stuff I need to do before I can get to that, so I don't have anything too specific about it nailed down yet.

Wed May 29, 2013 6:51 pm

So, weeks passed, hows the progress? Im excited.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Good to hear you're excited but I've not got the best news for you.
To be honest there's not been too much progress made in the last little while, uber's been busy irl and I've been lazy/replaying skyrim.
Alerts are almost done, but there's been a slew of weird bugs (one of my error messages consisted of a string of gibberish with an up arrow symbol, wtf) and stuff bogging me down. At some point in the next week or two I'm hoping to get bored of skyrim and get back at this properly, finishing up the alerts and moving on to either brand new ai for zombies or npc spawning and behaviours (both of which'll be a lot of work).

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:29 pm

:shock: This mod is awesome! I hope it will be complete soon, having a crash each time you dies is annoying...

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm glad you like it. Sorry about that, I didn't realize the last version still had that problem, it was fixed long ago.
I'm on a bit of hiatus cause uber's disappeared but I'll do a few bugfixes on my most current version, see how playable it is then release a newer version for you guys to enjoy. Expect it maybe in a few hours, if not then in a day or two.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:06 pm

Good to see that at leat one of you two is still alive. I'm always watching for a new version to come out :grin:

Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Well I guess I must oblige. This is still pretty buggy but here's a version for you all to enjoy.
Expect to see a whole ton of features since the last version including:
  • Rudimentary day/night
  • Fog of war during night. Unfortunately due to the game's horrible white squares it can look kind of ugly. We're trying to sort something out.
  • Alerts
  • Alert spawning and behaviours
  • Better zombie removal and adding, etc
  • A full map, courtesy of uber. This includes zombie and item spawns all the way through (or at least it should, I've never actually finished the map for one reason or other).
  • Probably other cool stuff that I've forgotten to mention.

• More lag, the lua is way more complex now so you'll see more permanent slowdown. There may be some lag spikes during zombie spawning too, though I've tried to alleviate that. If you get any lag spikes, please let me know.
  • Bugs! I've spent the past few hours fixing various fatal errors, I no longer get error messages with images of right arrows included in their strings of gibberish (this isn't a joke, that did happen). Please report any bugs you find, I know of several in this version but there are probably tons I haven't found. If you notice odd slowdowns, I suggest checking the console with ~ or / and looking for error messages you can give me.
  • New sorts of crashes. Working on this mod has given me a new crash I've never had before in CC, one where the game doesn't crash, it just completely freezes. I think I may have fixed this but I really can't say for sure. If this happens to you, please try to keep track of the circumstances and let me know. If it doesn't happen to you at all, please also let me know. Also, if this does happen and you have any idea what might be causing this, I'd love to hear it.
  • Still no working zombie ai, they continue to stand around and stare at you. It's a large project to fix it and I've been putting it off. Expect it in the final version I guess :D
  • Little to no balance. You'll be starting with an op gun (I also chucked you zombie claws if you want to play it a bit more fairly) and the zombies can't do much so it'll be a bit of a cakewalk if you actually play probably. If people want I can replace the zombie weapons with cheap pistols temporarily for the sake of a challenge.

Also, I'd like some confirmation from anyone willing to give it, when you start your game with DayZ.rte in your CC folder, do you get an error message saying ERROR: cannot open DayZ.rte/Devices: Permission denied? Also, if you have any idea what might be causing this, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for reading all this,
Enjoy :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/9g0 ... yZ.rte.rar

Oh, and I was hoping to finish up junk alerts by now but I ran into one error after another and have to go to bed now or risk getting no sleep at all for work (note also that because of this my playtesting was minimal so it might be messy in ways I forgot to mention). I'll fix it up tomorrow or the day after, for now expect crashes and problems when throwing junk items around (possibly flares too).

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:48 am

You're probably the best modder of DRLFF. If you need sprites, or code, I'll be glad to help you.

and, I don't know if you readed my topic or not, but making a script that turn dead actors into zombies X Minutes after death would add more difficulty, I think

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:02 pm

This crashed pretty quickly on me.. after I tried to use/throw a mountain dew. I should read more into it (maybe I'm playing wrong) >.>

Also gunshots didn't seem to hasten the pace of zombies towards me whatsoever (with the first gun you start out with)... not sure if it's working as intended or maybe a file wasn't packed.. at any rate, from what I can see in the files it looks like a lot of work went into it. I've been passively watching it for a while, waiting for the 1.0 release.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:34 am

I think the latest version I posted up is still pretty crashy, and I ran into some irritating errors while fixing some stuff. As I recall, throwing cans and bottles and stuff was still broken (is fixed) and some of the extra alert things hadn't been put together/weren't working correctly.
The main issue is that uberhen's completely disappeared from the forums and I have no way to contact him and haven't mustered the motivation to finish it up without him. I've not been spending much time coding or gaming recently (working full time retail takes a lot out of you) but at some point I'll get my act together and finish this up.

Also, as a general note to anyone interested, if uber doesn't come back (and I've had no indication that he will be), I'll be looking for a bug tester or two; someone who can playtest the various buggy things I add to let me know of any problems I might miss, and to help me with balance and so on. If anyone's interested, post here or shoot me a pm, maybe it'll spark me into motion again haha.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:50 am

When the next update will come? :<

Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:55 am

Well if you've got a youtube account you can contact uberhen there and try to get him to reappear, I don't have one and google doesn't seem to like bull♥♥♥♥ temp email addresses so that probably won't change soon. He's uberhen1 on youtube (he linked a youtube video in the dayz thread so you can find him from there).

To actually answer your question, I'll probably actually try to be productive if he comes back, other than that, who knows when I'll self-motivate successfully haha.

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Oh, alright. and, no I don't have any youtube account so far.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next