View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Best way to go about creating windows? 

Post Best way to go about creating windows?

thinkin ADoor, with something to make it heavy and stiff, problem with that is I dont want it to block sight (not sure how)...

will lua have the answer? as you can tell it has gibs so I want it to shatter into pieces and vanish when it breaks, no more floating pieces.

got the idea from this kind of viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16805&hilit=obelisk not so laggy thooo..... not sure if it can be AHuman since those cant be spawned objects can they??? hmmmmm hmmmmmm

best way to go about this? any pros?? :cool:

Attachments:
win.bmp [20.93 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Fri May 31, 2013 5:03 am

Post Re: Best way to go about creating windows?
Make it a MOSRotating with GetsHitByMOs = 1 and PinStrength. You don't need Lua.

Fri May 31, 2013 3:03 pm

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Make it a MOSRotating with GetsHitByMOs = 1 and PinStrength. You don't need Lua.

im confused so i make it a MOSRotating when it is destroyed it wont leave behind stiff stuck in the air copy it will gib as an object gibbing completely? I need it to shatter and dissapear, Like ADoors do.

pinstrength tells it to sit still when its spawned so it wont be tipped over?

see I want it to shatter when its shot and gib with no remains you know like actors do. the only remains I want are the gibs. I'll give it custom wound sounds and etc to make it glassy. Sadly I dont think I can give the gibs sounds when they are stepped on...

Fri May 31, 2013 4:30 pm

The "remains" that actors leave are from them settling into terrain. Generally speaking, objects with PinStrength don't do that.

PinStrength prevents the object from moving at all, and the number you give to the variable determines how much force it takes to knock the object out of being "pinned."

Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 pm

CaveCricket48 wrote:
The "remains" that actors leave are from them settling into terrain. Generally speaking, objects with PinStrength don't do that.

PinStrength prevents the object from moving at all, and the number you give to the variable determines how much force it takes to knock the object out of being "pinned."

ah so trial an error then? oki

thx!!

do you have a tutorial on adding objects in the game, what do i need to do to make it so my object shows up in the object groups in ALL scene editors? sometimes i notice i cant choose certain custom objects in some scenes in the editor and only get a smaller selection of the base choices... its weird... what make a scene limited so?

Fri May 31, 2013 5:24 pm

I believe it depends on where you designate your scene to be saved, with the contents of whatever .rte folder you select being included in the scene editor. I'm not too sure however, since I rarely use the editor myself.

Fri May 31, 2013 8:51 pm

CaveCricket48 wrote:
I believe it depends on where you designate your scene to be saved, with the contents of whatever .rte folder you select being included in the scene editor. I'm not too sure however, since I rarely use the editor myself.

are there other ways of creating a scene besides the editor???

Fri May 31, 2013 9:02 pm

Same way you make everything else: Notepad and MSPaint (or whatever your preferred code/graphics editors are). You can look in Base.rte/Scenes/ for all the scenes in the game.

Fri May 31, 2013 10:02 pm

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Same way you make everything else: Notepad and MSPaint (or whatever your preferred code/graphics editors are). You can look in Base.rte/Scenes/ for all the scenes in the game.

but how do you figure out teh coords for all of your objects? dont you need visual aid to get them just right??? because the scenes are just background files loaded into a specific order right????

argghh unleash your secrets sir!!

Fri May 31, 2013 10:15 pm

Well, if you want to build bunkers and such without the editor, it's not exactly fun. You open up the image file for the map in an image editor and check the X and Y position of a pixel of where you want the center of an object to be, and then that's your coordinate. I don't think anyone builds bunkers this way, since it's tedious.

You're better off using the scene editor.

Fri May 31, 2013 11:18 pm

CaveCricket48 wrote:
Well, if you want to build bunkers and such without the editor, it's not exactly fun. You open up the image file for the map in an image editor and check the X and Y position of a pixel of where you want the center of an object to be, and then that's your coordinate. I don't think anyone builds bunkers this way, since it's tedious.

You're better off using the scene editor.

wow you do it that way?? how do you get the sprite to align just right? do you count the pixels?

you said center of the object

so

_______ <----wall of other object to align to
|<----top
|<----center
|<----bottom

if you were to place my mirror, the corner pixel of teh left side isnt the point to work the alignment on?? ur working off teh center????

how???? you must be good at guestimation or summat....

how is your scene loaded, just load the scene after entering teh values an den playing it? you just set all the settings in ini huh?

can you update it realtime by reloading it and saving your changes or wut?? how do you edit it when you mess up????!

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:29 am

Well, that's a method to make the scene, not a method that I use. I don't have much experience with making scenes beyond simple terrain and maybe placing 4-5 non bunker objects by hand, and I barely use the scene editor at all.

I'm more specialized at device ini code and Lua scripts, though I'm sure you can find one of our better scene/mission makers that would be willing to give you a few tips.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:45 am

what color gives a drillable terrain gold value when dug? this is freakin me out

Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:27 am

I'm going to guess

R = 248
G = 242
B = 66

Make sure you use an image editor that doesn't screw with the color values.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:47 am

CaveCricket48 wrote:
I'm going to guess

R = 248
G = 242
B = 66

Make sure you use an image editor that doesn't screw with the color values.

so gold is decided by color? if I color'ed a part of my actors with that wouldnt they start giving me gold when tey die?

is there a guide to object makin?? this is hard for me compared to actors...

Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next