View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Issues Getting CC to Register my mod file 

Post Issues Getting CC to Register my mod file
Hello, I've got a quick question about getting CC to register my mod file. I have made mods in the past (Regiment 256 if anyone remembers), but that was for build 23. I've recently come back to the game, and have upgraded to the most recent 1.0 version.

I decided to take up mod making again, just to make a few rifles/pistols that I think are interesting in the real world, just toying with the engine a bit to tweak possible calibers and such. Just general muxing around.

When I went to create the basic DataModule index.ini, it wouldn't register anything. I thought maybe I had to have something to be referenced first, so I imported one of the old Reg. 256 rifles that I had, tweaked it to how I want to be able to tweak my mod, but came up empty. I'm hoping it's just a really stupid mistake that I'm not seeing, but I don't think so. I compared to other mods that I've downloaded that work for sure (HL2 for instance), and it's all the same.

I would be very grateful if someone took the time to dl my mod and hopefully you'll have the same issue, and know how to fix it. Thanks for your time.
-Maimin Matty

EDIT: I created a second mod. While it reads and registers that there's a file, it will not load up the device I put in. I looked and looked for any possible issue, but I can't find anything. Someone please give me some insight...

Attachments:
Test.rte.zip [45.94 KiB]
Downloaded 216 times
Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:12 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Issues Getting CC to Register my mod file
Lots of error's really.

Your paths must be absolutely identical in INI files and your file system. No upper/lower case mixing and something like that. If you module is Test.rte then all your paths must be Test.rte/../..

For some reason your module icon is in PNG format, you've just renamed it to BMP and it changed nothing inside the file. CC works only with genuine BMP files.

Your module icon files was named Icon.bmp and in INI you referenced it as ModuleIcon.bmp hence CC failed to load it again.

Finally in effects you probably can't attach a sprite to MOPixel, but I may be wrong about this one.

So I've fixed some of your obviuos errors, but your mod still won't load due to incorrect MOPixel properties in Effects.ini. You'll have to fix it yourself.

Attachments:
Test.rte.zip [41.15 KiB]
Downloaded 210 times
Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:26 am

Post Re: Issues Getting CC to Register my mod file
Aha, Thank you so much. I found the error of the Icon versus the ModuleIcon, but not the others.

I had been able to get everything working, having my devices register/work/ etc. However, since I'm on a mac, whenever I want to edit the sprites, even though it says it's a .bmp, it all of a sudden won't take it, saying it can't find the file. I know for a fact they had been working before I edited them with Paintbrush (knockoff Paint for mac :( ). As soon as I edited them, *poof* they're not working. I assume there's something in the Faqs about it, but I've solved most of my issues already by just making a new one.

I also appreciate the time you took to fix my issues- it means a lot coming from a veteran :D

Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]