View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Sound when falling? 

Post Sound when falling?
Hello, I've been messing around with a mod, which has an airplane in it, and I managed to create gibs for it. One of those gibs is the Pilot.

He sometimes survives the explosion and goes flying upwards (Deleted his jetpack and decreased stats so he doesn't survive) and just keeps deathscreaming multiple times until he reaches the ground. I deleted both the pain and death scream strings from the .ini file to prevent that from happening.

So my question is. Is there a way to just add one single scream sound when he gets launched away? I'm guessing a .lua file might do the trick but I'm not really familiar with that stuff.

I will keep searching .lua files but I would really appreciate help with this. I found some fall scream sounds that would really fit the falling. :wink:

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:44 am

Post Re: Sound when falling?
Found a way by looking into another mod. Making a .lua file wasn't needed either.

The only thing I needed to do was to add the sound to an AEmitter and then nail that to the actor. I bought him to test him and he was all like AAAAAaaaaaaaahhhhh when exiting the Dropship. Lolz...

I'll try to find out how to make it sound after like 1 second of spawning and check if alive or something like that so it doesn't play if the Pilot doesn't survive the explosion. It's kinda weird to hear his gibs fall screaming.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:49 am

To make it delay a second, you could just add a bit of silence to the beginning of the sound file in Audacity or something. I think you should be able to do what you want only using the AEmitter code, but I haven't fiddled with one for a while so I can't recall what variables you need to tweak. Maybe setting (or adding) EmissionCountLimit = 1 would do the trick? That should make it emit once and then stop completely.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:19 pm

uberhen wrote:
To make it delay a second, you could just add a bit of silence to the beginning of the sound file in Audacity or something. I think you should be able to do what you want only using the AEmitter code, but I haven't fiddled with one for a while so I can't recall what variables you need to tweak. Maybe setting (or adding) EmissionCountLimit = 1 would do the trick? That should make it emit once and then stop completely.

Actually, he was still making the sound because of a weird bug. I think it happened because he was already dead when spawning so the game made him scream until he stops moving and his corpse joins the scene. I fixed it by giving him back a bit more health and resistance. Now he won't scream if he gibs with the explosion. I made his survival as uncommon as I could too, it's not like it should happen too often.

It's actually kinda funny. He sometimes lands on another actor and kills it too. xD
He was supposed to survive at first but for some reason, you couldn't select him as one of yours, maybe because he was regarded as a gib. He would also move towards your brain unit and stomp on it to death... Weird stuff.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]