View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 CC Won't Load My Sprites... 

Post CC Won't Load My Sprites...
I've decided to take my first baby steps into spriting/modding for CC and everything was going rather well until I hit a snag not too long ago.

CC absolutely refuses to load one of my sprites, I've checked and it's definitely in .bmp format, and I've been spending the last few hours looking through the .ini file looking for inconsistencies in the pathing and whatnot, and I haven't been able to find anything...

Here's what I've done so far:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:42 am

Post Re: CC Won't Load My Sprites...
The sprites for actors/gibs must be 8-bit and converted to colors defined in the Cortex Command Palette (I think it's in Base.rte). Depending on which program you're using, just try to work within indexed color, or switch to indexed colors eventually, just prior to saving.

Glows can be up to 24 bit and don't require palette colors. (Actually, saving them as 8-bit gives them poor quality, and 32-bit ones don't work/ have some weird color change bug..)

Attachments:
File comment: .ACT file for Photoshop
CCPalette.act [768 Bytes]
Downloaded 278 times

Last edited by Corpsey on Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:10 am

Windows 7 paint and higher cant work with indexed images properly, as well. Look into GIMP, Paint.net, photoshop, or just grabbing an older version of mspaint off the web.
As Corpsey says, the image needs to be indexed using the cortex command palette. The above software packages can handle indexed images without a hitch, either converting before save or keeping the image indexed while you work with it.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:48 am
Profile WWW

Corpsey wrote:
The sprites for actors/gibs must be 8-bit and converted to colors defined in the Cortex Command Palette (I think it's in Base.rte). Depending on which program you're using, just try to work within indexed color, or switch to indexed colors eventually, just prior to saving.

Glows can be up to 16 bit and don't require palette colors. (Actually, saving them as 8-bit gives them poor quality, and 32-bit ones don't work/ have some weird color change bug..)

Geti wrote:
Windows 7 paint and higher cant work with indexed images properly, as well. Look into GIMP, Paint.net, photoshop, or just grabbing an older version of mspaint off the web.
As Corpsey says, the image needs to be indexed using the cortex command palette. The above software packages can handle indexed images without a hitch, either converting before save or keeping the image indexed while you work with it.

Thanks to both of you! I finally got it load my sprites.

Thanks again!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]