View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Mod Help Regarding Crafts 

Post Mod Help Regarding Crafts
I have been trying to get my crafts to load, buy I always get and error say it cant even load the files even though I have the correct path. Can someone look at my mod and help me figure out what is wrong. The crafts are in the "Actors" section, just like in the Base.rte .

http://www.mediafire.com/?cna9jz8jputt135

Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:19 pm

Post Re: Mod Help Regarding Crafts
I have been working on this for 10+ Hours and I have tried everything I can think of, but to no avail.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:04 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

You are trying to access RDI.rte/Actors/Crafts/Crate.ini from Actors.ini, but no file with the name Crate.ini exists in the /Crafts/ folder. If you fix that, the game will report an error on the first line in Crate.ini, but the error is actually in the file was accessed just before i.e. Soldier.ini.

Finding the cause of the error in that messy file might be difficult. If I where you I would disable the second half of that file with comments so if the game still fails to load with the same error you know that the cause is in the first half. Then you can just repeat the procedure until you have narrowed it down to the exact entry.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:09 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
You are trying to access RDI.rte/Actors/Crafts/Crate.ini from Actors.ini, but no file with the name Crate.ini exists in the /Crafts/ folder. If you fix that, the game will report an error on the first line in Crate.ini, but the error is actually in the file was accessed just before i.e. Soldier.ini.

Finding the cause of the error in that messy file might be difficult. If I where you I would disable the second half of that file with comments so if the game still fails to load with the same error you know that the cause is in the first half. Then you can just repeat the procedure until you have narrowed it down to the exact entry.

I know it is messy, I have been working on the mod for almost 3 years, back then I had a limited grasp of syntax, CC having as many quirks as a the main floor at comic con doesn't help either.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:19 am

I made the modifications you recommended and did some troubleshooting of my own, but now it refusing to load some image files which are at the correct path.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:57 pm

Sorry, here is the revised file. http://www.mediafire.com/?zteusr79pqo7dzz

Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:48 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Start by making sure that any custom images are in the correct format. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19078

Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:33 am

I have tried indexing the images in the way that the tutorial describes, but it wont take. Any time I reopen the image I indexed, it shows up as RGB. the mod still wont load. Here is another revised file. http://www.mediafire.com/download/lqkiu ... /RDI.rte(4).rar

Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:39 pm

I managed to fix the image problems, I hope, but now it is refusing to load basic things like "AddActor = Arm" and
"AddEffect = MOSRotating" unless it is in the "Soldier.ini" file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h2nu2aur67e8v2q

Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:38 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

The problem is still in solder.ini (the file loaded before crates.ini). If you follow my instruction above you will find it eventually.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:02 am

What do you mean? I fixed the image problem, the mod loads perfectly fine if I remove the Crafts.Ini/Buggy.ini/Mech.ini from the boot order. the Soldiers.ini loads fine.

Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:22 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yes, I was wrong about soldier.ini. If RDI.rte/Actors/Soldier/Soldier.ini is loaded before RDI.rte/Actors/Crafts/Crafts.ini the error message looks like the first line of Crafts.ini is broken, which usually means that the error is in file loaded just before that file. But if you load RDI.rte/Actors/Crafts/Crafts.ini before RDI.rte/Actors/Soldier/Soldier.ini you get a proper error message about Crafts.ini (looks like a simple spelling mistake).

Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:30 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

You've lost some indentation in your soldier.ini. Two last lines must look like this

Code:
   GibSound = Sound
      CopyOf = Flesh Body Blunt Hit

Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]