View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Thinktank by CCS 

Post Thinktank by CCS
Purpose: A thread for ideas of mine I'd post individually, as a whole

I'll marked the questions as ongoing, answered, and testing in OP as time goes on and with the amount of questions

For clarity this is like a FAQ thread with light discussion. Please save the full on, feature-creep discussions for the Game Discussion thread :grin:

==========

Starting with:

If I change my base palette (i.e from 256 color BMP to 24-bit BMP), will the RTE accept my new color palette if all image files are change to match? Would RTE accept PNG files for a palette?

Can I animate any part of the background?

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:21 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Thinktank by CCS
I don't know what happens when one warps the palette, and the general consensus is that it is a fixed entity.
Regardless, editting it would probably cause a lot of artifacting in all art assets.

In regards to animating backgrounds, look at the teleporters in bunker systems, they animate, but I assume that's by some sort of means, since the background layer is for all intents and purposes, static.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:44 am

Post Re: Thinktank by CCS
CCS wrote:
If I change my base palette (i.e from 256 color BMP to 24-bit BMP), will the RTE accept my new color palette if all image files are change to match? Would RTE accept PNG files for a palette?

No idea what would happen, but I imagine this isn't something terribly difficult to test out on your own.

CCS wrote:
Can I animate any part of the background?

No. Things that look like animated backgrounds are actually animated MOs, usually things like AEmitters and MOSRotatings. Those are always drawn behind actors and devices, so they look like backgrounds when given a background-like sprite.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]