View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Dead actor flailing 

Post Dead actor flailing
When their head gets blown off, actors tend to do backflips whilst spamming the death sound. I happen to find this extremely annoying, and was wondering if there was a way to make it so that they die normally and settle into the terrain instead of rolling all over the place.

What even causes this to happen in the first place?

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Post Re: Dead actor flailing
I think the forced angular velocity distortion on death exists because it is required for a dying actor to fall down properly.

If there were no such force, dying, at least when completely still, would probably cause actors to settle into the terrain completely upright and weird-looking.

Actors do often gain way too much of momentum through this and roll around mindlessly. It's been a thing for a long time.

What come to the death sounds - it's basically the sound played when the actor goes below 0 HP. The frequency of the sound playing might have something to with the velocity, as it tends to play more when the actor spins and/or flies.

EDIT: I can fix both one of these.

Completely nullifying the vanilla death sounds will only work on those actors that use them. I nullified "Human Death" and "Robot Death", so they will equal to no sound. Sadly, this will lead into no sounds on death at all.

I also tried adding some angular velocity stabilizing through the AI script, and it should work on the majority of all actors.

Attachment:
File comment: comes with a readme, in case you need one
deathfix.rar [2.03 KiB]
Downloaded 248 times

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:27 pm

where exactly should I place these files? I hate this as well, but I don't know where I need to place these files.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:56 pm

whoops, forgot to read the readme.
forget my previous comment.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]