View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Mod problems 

Post Mod problems
Hi, I am having an unknown problem with this gun.
It seams it cant locate a file, but I can't find I the code what is wrong with it.
here is the error
---------------------------
RTE Aborted! (x_x)
Failed to load datafile object with following path and name:

Halogun

The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'

You can copy this message with Ctrl+C
OK

and here is the mod

Attachments:
File comment: the mod
Halogun.rte.zip [92.82 KiB]
Downloaded 271 times
Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:32 am

Post Re: Mod problems
Do you have any other mods installed that may be incompatible with it? Maybe you installed it wrong? Gunna try it now and edit this with results.

And a link to the original mod page would be nice too.

[Edit]

Ok so I got a completely different error.

RTE Aborted!

Wrong type in Reader when passed to Serializable::Create() Error happened in Base.rte/Settings.ini at line 1!

Checked Base.rte/Settings.ini and nothing was there.

This may be an outdated mod. If you post a link to the page where you found the mod that would help.

[Edit again]

It seems the mod deleted my settings.ini file. So I recommend not installing this mod for reasons like this.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:14 am

About the mod, I made it myself.
I have no idea how it deleted the settings.ini.
sorry about that.
If anyone else downloads this and it deletes the settings.ini, here is a copy of it

Attachments:
Settings.zip [1.06 KiB]
Downloaded 275 times
Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:04 am

Greenclone wrote:
About the mod, I made it myself.
I have no idea how it deleted the settings.ini.
sorry about that.
If anyone else downloads this and it deletes the settings.ini, here is a copy of it

Try comparing the code to other weapons or just modify a weapon's code and see if that gets it working.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:58 am

It seems unlikely that this mod deleted your settings.ini file. At the very least mine is still intact.

As to the problem with the mod, it's to do with your sprites, and your pointers to them.

Firstly, the sprite images need to be BMP files, which the clip seems to be, but the gun is not. They need to be Indexed BMPs rather than RGB, be 8-bit, and need to use the Cortex Command Palette. Depending on the software you're using, that may be easy, difficult, or impossible, but there will be programs out there that work (I use GIMP, Photoshop also works, as does The XP version of MS Paint).
There are some guides up here in the modding section, hopefully they're still up to date and/or working. I might be able to do a step-by-step if absolutely necessary, but I'ld need to know what you're using.

As a side note, the sprite for the clip, while it is a BMP, caused an error when I tried to open it in gimp. Not sure what's up with that.

Secondly, in Halogun.rte/Devices/Gun.ini, whenever you have a SpriteFile=ContentFile path, the following FilePath needs to end in .bmp. You have to include this so the program knows exactly what it's looking for. (I believe, for future reference, you also need to keep the name in the same Capitalisation scheme, but that's not an issue here.)
e.g. Halogun.rte/Sprites/Clip should be Halogun.rte/Sprites/Clip.bmp

I myself also had errors trying to load the audio files, but that may just be my machine.

Hope this helps, ask if you have questions. To clarify, after making the necessary changes I did get it working on my CC.

Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:45 am

I have the same problem. I'm using GIMP in indexed mode and with CC color pallete, and I export the sprites as bmp. Still it says that my sprites cannot be found.
-fixed-
All I needed to do is when exporting, I had to check Do not write color space information.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]