View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Help Requested:Adding a custom actor to a vanilla .ini 

Post Help Requested:Adding a custom actor to a vanilla .ini
Back again! Hope I'm not being a bother or anything .-.

Anyway. I follow'd the -You First Actor Guide- but I'm still confused. Basically, I re-textured and then renamed CoalitionHeadA to CoalitionHeadC. I did the same for the torso and his legs. Everything else needed, I renamed but didn't re-texture.

To the point! I'm looking to add him to my custom faction and I don't know how I'd go about adding him to the Soldier.ini without me totally screwing it up and becoming more confused than I already am.

Last edited by Rolf The Meth Addict on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:56 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Help Requested:Adding a custom actor to a vanilla .ini
At least in my case, since I'm rather lazy about doing actors, I copy the code from vanilla actors into my own mod, then change the corresponding PresetNames, CopyOfs, paths to the sprites/sounds, etc., and then finally proceed to change the other, more particular values.

Soldiers.ini looks rather messy because it has 2 actors defined in there and all the gibs too. You could try copying coalition's Soldiers.ini file to a new file on your mod, and then delete all the definitions you won't use to make it look clearer (say, delete all the defined parts for the heavy soldier and keep the ones for the light one). When you have a file that you can read with more ease, modding it should become more intuitive.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:20 pm

Post Re: Help Requested:Adding a custom actor to a vanilla .ini
Thank you once again, Asklar.

I'll give that shot.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]