View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 NPC orders base guns alongside mod guns, [Fixed!] 

Post NPC orders base guns alongside mod guns, [Fixed!]
I'm working on updating Kettenkrad's Wehrmacht mod for the Steam Workshop, because I noticed some errors with it and he also has a lot of great content he hasn't included with the mod.

Thanks to help from Major, this is progressing well, but I would really like to squash one bug that has persisted from the vanilla Wehrmacht mod.

When the Wehrmacht is acting as an NPC faction, it will order the units as expected. They'll have all the gear they're supposed to. However, the NPC brain will also give them base weapons like "smg" and "blunderpop" in their inventories.

I noticed from the other thread here, that the items need to be grouped.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45659

I did this, as found in this thread, but the problem is the same (Although the AI does seem to use their proper weapons as much as the defaults now.)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32748

TL;DR -
I have two problems now:

1) The NPC controlled faction still orders basic equipment alongside what the troops should come with.

2) I have duplicate categories "Heavy Weapons, Heavy Weapons" one for everything but Wehrmacht, and one for only Wehrmacht.

I believe that if I can figure out why the Wehrmacht grouping isn't sticking with the other real groupings, the NPC will recognize that "Oh, I already have a primary weapon on this actor," and stop ordering garbage with his mighty Fatherland-gifted equipment.

Thank you for any help you can offer!

FIXED : AddToGroups lines must be directly under the PresetName lines.

Last edited by polartechie on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:33 am

Post Re: NPC orders base guns alongside mod guns, even after grouping
Screencap of the lone Wehrmacht groups.

I notice one of the Heavy Weapons from "The Order" mod also have this symptom.

Attachments:
File comment: Screencap of the lone Wehrmacht groups.
error.png
error.png [ 625.36 KiB | Viewed 6322 times ]
Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:40 am

Okay, so apparently the devices in this mod were being added to another group aside from the normal ones. They were being added to the "Wehrmacht" group alongside Primary/ Light/ Etc.

Removing this group from all devices definitely reduced the amount of base weapons being ordered, but some still get through.

It's still difficult to say why the NPC would order an SMG alongside an MP40, when they are added to the exact same groupings.

I still believe this has to do with the wehrmacht weapon groupings being placed outside everyone else's groups, even though the syntax and spelling is an exact match.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:18 am

I'm guessing you dont have a loadout.ini in the mod.rts folder? (As far as the random weapon ordering, I ran across that while working on the EAF, I had to change some things in the loadout.ini that prevented me from playing campaign mode with auto base building.)

As far as the additional weapon groups. Do some of them show up in the normal list at all? If you check the scripts are there any spaces after AddToGroup = Heavy Weapons? Is it added right after "PresetName" ?

Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:39 am

Rhyssia wrote:
I'm guessing you dont have a loadout.ini in the mod.rts folder? (As far as the random weapon ordering, I ran across that while working on the EAF, I had to change some things in the loadout.ini that prevented me from playing campaign mode with auto base building.)

As far as the additional weapon groups. Do some of them show up in the normal list at all? If you check the scripts are there any spaces after AddToGroup = Heavy Weapons? Is it added right after "PresetName" ?

Thanks for the reply

loadouts.ini is in place, and totally functional

Some of the addtogroups had comments (I just copied them from a group list I found)
All of the addtogroups are placed after description, which is immediately after the presetname. I'll move them around and remove the comments, and let you know how it goes!

Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:54 am

Post Re: NPC orders base guns alongside mod guns [Fixed!]
Rhyssia wrote:

I love you. :shock:

That totally worked!!!!!!

Keeping the AddtoGroups right below the PresetName is exactly how you stop AI from ordering default weapons!! The devil was in the groupings all along!

You're now credited in the Steam Workshop. Thank you so much!

Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]