View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Several questions to assist me in updating out of date mods 

Post Several questions to assist me in updating out of date mods
Due to the fact I do not wish to create several topics that may already have been answered, and I do not wish to annoy moderators by doing that I am going to make this my topic to keep you all updated on what mod I'm updating and what I need help fixing. But first I need to get some basics I do not know down.

Question 1: So I notice sometimes AI's do not use weapons from mods. I do not know why this is but I can see it really makes game play much more enjoyable when an AI can use a weapon almost as effectively as the play can. So what do I need to do to make it so AI's can effectively wield add on weapons?

Question 2: Can somebody assist me in making a lua script I can attach to a weapon/tool the makes it so there's friendly fire from that specific weapon? Or is there some way I can jury rig a .ini line to make it so? One example is the MMF mod it uses syringes to transform the player. Unfortunately these said syringes no longer work due to friendly fire no longer applying.

MORE QUESTIONS TO COME!

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:21 am

Post Re: Several questions to assist me in updating out of date mods
painbringer1998 wrote:
Question 1: So I notice sometimes AI's do not use weapons from mods. I do not know why this is but I can see it really makes game play much more enjoyable when an AI can use a weapon almost as effectively as the play can. So what do I need to do to make it so AI's can effectively wield add on weapons?

This thread may help. Weapons are grouped based on their purpose, so that the AI can use them more intelligently.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:58 am
Profile YIM

For question 2, all you need to do is set self.IgnoresTeamHits = false in the create function of the bullet.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:35 pm

Thank you guys for the assistance, I will be adding more questions as I progress in updating

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]