View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 How to increase AI firing range? 

Post How to increase AI firing range?
Hopefully there are still people on this forum to answer my question...

My question is if it is possible to increase an Actors AI firing range so that they can shoot at other actors farther away. As it stands actors only shoot each other when very close, making AI snipers useless. Does anybody know what scripts I have to alter in order to make the actors AI able to spot and shoot at things farther away.

I've been toying with a bunch of scripts in "HumanBehaviors.lua" and individual actor lua files, trying to find an entry that can do what I want.

I only have very basic knowledge of programming, I'm not utterly incompetent though.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:22 pm

Post Re: How to increase AI firing range?
The firing range of AI relies on the difficulty setting and the resolution you're playing in. An increase in either lengthens the AI's detecting range, afaik. Not entirely sure about the screen size thing but I know that it at least affects the 'bullet decay'.

Oh yeah, and there's a feature in the latest versions that gives actors classed as "Snipers" a slight increase in AI firing range and accuracy.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:57 pm

The only thing I know is the Perceptiveness, you can see the config between AimDistance and CharHeight but Im not sure it'll work

Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:25 am

I DID IT!

Here's how to increase the AI firing range of all actors, simply to "Base.rte\Actors\AI\NativeHumanAI.lua", and in the lua file find the word "snipers" and replace it with the word "actors". This makes all actors classed as snipers, giving them all increased sight range.

This adjustment definitely makes CC much more enjoyable now that all actors are competent marksmen.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:18 am

Haha, clever.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]