View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Trouble with AEmitter Round (FIXED) 

Post Trouble with AEmitter Round (FIXED)
Hello

So I am having some issues with a remake of a mod. For those who remember my lizards its of them.

My issue is that in the remake of the mod, that uses copy-pasted code identical to the old one, is firing slugs that seem to have hitsmos turned off. They phase through actors and doors.
The old mod (which, again, uses identical code) works just fine.

There is no Lua attached to the offending gun. The gun Im referring to is the pistol that fires the slugs.

Slug definitions are on line 445 in ammo.ini for the new mod

Slug definitions are on line 357 in ammo.ini for the old mod

In short, what the hell is going on?!

Also in an unrelated note for help, when I attach the burst script to the flechette version of the pistol it only shoot a 2 round burst instead of 3 like the Coa auto pistol. Any thoughts on that? FIXED. Fire rate was too low or the lua timing was too short

Thanks all and good to be back :grin:

EDIT: Here is a test.rte with all the slug relevant stuff. Copy-pasted and the only thing I fiddled with was the filepaths. No errors, no crashes, no console errors. What the heck am I missing? The main difference that I can find is that the definitions for the gun is not in its own .ini. Would this even matter? Also good to note that this issue also occurs when code is taken for the Mauler Cannon. The lizards rely on Base.rte atoms so I don't think it is that...

EDIT 2: OMG I finally got it to work. I had my sprite offset off on the slug itself. I'm using smaller sprites for the new mod but the offset was for the larger sprite and did not exsist on the new sprite!

Thanks to all that dled to help!

Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]