View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 I have returned once more! New Error Edition! Error line 45 

Post I have returned once more! New Error Edition! Error line 45
The Error:

First off, DA' CODE!
(note, line 45 is AddAmmo = Round)

Help would be very much appreaciated.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:39 pm

Post Re: I have returned once more! New Error Edition! Error line 45
Hmm, have you tried changing the InstanceName to PresetName? I'm not sure that those 2 are interchangable in every circumstance and most code just uses PresetNames.

Also, AddToGroup is required! At least if you want the AI to use your weapons properly. Take a look at http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?p=499964#p499964 for more info. At the very least I'd add any weapons to the "Weapons" group (like you already have) and the Primary or Secondary groups.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:35 pm

clunatic wrote:
Hmm, have you tried changing the InstanceName to PresetName? I'm not sure that those 2 are interchangable in every circumstance and most code just uses PresetNames.

Also, AddToGroup is required! At least if you want the AI to use your weapons properly. Take a look at http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?p=499964#p499964 for more info. At the very least I'd add any weapons to the "Weapons" group (like you already have) and the Primary or Secondary groups.

Line 45 is where I get the error message: "AddAmmo = Round // The instance call, defines the next text as parts of a round."

Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Yeah, you said so...But error messages in CC aren't very precise, often the error isn't on the line CC complains about, but near it, which seems to be the case here since there's nothing wrong with line 45..The only problems that stick out to me are the InstanceNames, which again, aren't used very much in base code, so I'm not sure if you can use them here. If that isn't the problem, it might be with the tabbing. If that's not the problem, you could try cutting your code into different pieces, put the particles, round, mag and weapon in seperate files, that might give you a different error message that is more useful.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:17 pm

clunatic wrote:
Yeah, you said so...But error messages in CC aren't very precise, often the error isn't on the line CC complains about, but near it, which seems to be the case here since there's nothing wrong with line 45..The only problems that stick out to me are the InstanceNames, which again, aren't used very much in base code, so I'm not sure if you can use them here. If that isn't the problem, it might be with the tabbing. If that's not the problem, you could try cutting your code into different pieces, put the particles, round, mag and weapon in seperate files, that might give you a different error message that is more useful.

Trying Advice 1, 'inaccurate error' help.
Failure, Game still crashes.
Trying Advice 2, 'seperate' help.
Failure, Same Error

Error:
---------------------------
RTE Aborted! (x_x)
Could not understand Preset type! Error happened in NeoTech.rte/Devices/'Aovurn' Semi-Automatic Rifle/Aovurn.ini at line 47!

The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'

You can copy this message with Ctrl+C
OK

I think that "Could not understand Preset type!" is the thing I need help with. line 45 (47 when I changed the code) is AddAmmo = Round

Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Heh, turns out, CC doesn't like it when you leave a space at the end of definitions...So this line:

Code:
AddAmmo = Round // The instance call, defines the next text as parts of a round.

doesn't work, but this one:

Code:
AddAmmo = Round// The instance call, defines the next text as parts of a round.

does.

You'll probably have the same problem with more of the comments, I'm not sure, didn't test it beyond this.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:00 pm

clunatic wrote:
Heh, turns out, CC doesn't like it when you leave a space at the end of definitions...So this line:

Code:
AddAmmo = Round // The instance call, defines the next text as parts of a round.

doesn't work, but this one:

Code:
AddAmmo = Round// The instance call, defines the next text as parts of a round.

does.

You'll probably have the same problem with more of the comments, I'm not sure, didn't test it beyond this.

Wow. Even as a programmer, I am astounashed. Thanks btw. Gonna try it out.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]