View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Offset issues 

Post Offset issues
I'm having a bit of an issue with these settings. They are kinda hard to understand but I managed to short legs. The problem I'm having now is this:

The movement works fairly ok but it's as if the legs or feet are still long and only the sprites were shrunk. I've been trying the offset thingies but they either don't work or screw the whole legs. :(

Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:32 pm

Post Re: Offset issues
The problem is with the actor's Stance offsets and walking patterns. There's a thread on that stuff somewhere in the depths of the forum.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:17 pm

The WalkLimbPath and similar? I've been trying those and it seems to be working but it kinda screw the position of the legs. I had to go offline coz I was annoying my steam contacts with the constant running of the game to check the legs every minute, lol. xD

Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:32 pm

...I just couldn't make it work. I did a workaround, though. I just made the legs short but kept the size of the sprite. Then I just moved the legs up enough to make them fit in the torso. Done.

It looks ok right until the actor crouches or crawls so I removed the ability to do so. They are small and crouching only makes go like 3 pixels down anyways plus a robot like that shouldn't be able to crawl anyways.

Its short legs make it take longer to cover more ground and it makes it look kinda funny but that's ok, I guess.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:16 am

Read this if it's any help. Just know that actors that are taller or shorter than average have always been hard to make.

You can also prevent the actor from crawling altogether with lua, if the workaround suits you just fine.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:00 pm

It's indeed complicated. x_X

Also, I did used lua to disable crouching and crawling. The robot is also heavy and has limited aiming so it's pretty much a walking turret. :P

Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]