View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 .rte not found/loading 

Post .rte not found/loading
Reinstalled CC and pleasantly surprised to find new content, and felt compelled to make a quick mod for nostalgia's sake, only to have CC not even attempt to find my shitty little Ronin.rte copy/paste with only 5 wep reskins and tweaking. I've triple-checked all my directories and filenames and .ini's. Is there something extra I need to do now that it's B31?

I even mistakenly left a copy of a compressed version of my "mod," which it unzipped and created for me, but again didn't implement. I don't see anything on the "Mod Manager" in main menu. The only other mod I have is Map Pack 3.

What am I missing? I would attach the mod, but I keep getting a 413

Attachments:
LogLoading.txt [68.25 KiB]
Downloaded 772 times

Last edited by mfarmer256 on Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:24 pm

Post Re: .rte not found/loading
Ok apparantly I can attach, as long as it's small enough. Here's the mod without any of the effects, only so I can attach.

Attachments:
Parvolus.rte.zip [33.44 KiB]
Downloaded 724 times
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:28 pm

I managed to copy/paste everything over to Imperatus.rte, fixed a few bugs like having the wrong magazine in one of the pistols. Now I'm getting some weird inversion of the colors on my sprites, including the background. It changes it to white, while a true inversion is a bright green. I'm using the paint program that comes with windows 10, checked the RGB values of the magenta (200 / 240 / 120) and it's right. They're all saved as bitmaps too, not using the color pallet shouldn't matter when the magenta I used originally was from a working Ronin sprite. Reeee

Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:15 pm

Ever got the mod working? I'll be taking a look at your code later today to see if I can find anything.

Good bit of advice, find and download Windows 98/XP paint. Newer versions don't handle the color palettes properly.

You can also setup paint.net or gimp with a palette file to handle the colors if you feel so inclined, I just use paint for the nostalgia. Feel free to message me with any questions always happy to help out.

EDIT: Alright I got this working. I can't confirm what the problem was but it seems like your Index.ini was no bueno for one reason or another (although everything looked fine). I created a new Index.ini, and a new Parvolus.rte folder and moved your files into there. After that the game finds the Index.ini and tries to load. I can't confirm if the sprites work in this version because I'm missing some of your assets, so try adding them back into the .rte I'm uploading here and let me know if it works. Remember, don't replace the Index.ini I've included, I think that was the main issue.

Attachments:
File comment: Parvolus fixed.
Parvolus.rte.rar [26.93 KiB]
Downloaded 693 times
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]