View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Multiple stage TDExplosive 

Post Multiple stage TDExplosive
My brother is trying to make a gun that fires multiple stage explosives, i.e. a bomb that blows up into more bombs. He's got a gun that fires a TDExplosive which, on impact, gibs into more explosives. Right now, the first stage sucessfully blows up into the second stage. Alone, thrown as a bomb, the second stage will also blow up. But when you fire the actual gun, after the second stage bombs are ejected they don't explode.
Does anyone know if theres a way to make the kind of gun I'm describing here. Because of the nature of the problems were encountering I'm worried the coding just doesn't like stuff gibbing into bombs. Of course, it's also possible he's just made a mistake somewhere in the coding. Any help would be much appreciated.

(I'm posting this for my brother because he doesn't have an account and he's busy working on something else right now)

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:49 am
Profile WWW

I've had a TDE fired from a gun that could explode into more TDEs, though that was through timed detonation rather than gibbing. Though, that was through a timed detonation rather than gibbing.

My bet's on it being a "mistake" (or just incompatibility) in your code.

I did try giving those secondary TDEs an animation once and all I got was a load of popcorn.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:06 am
Profile WWW
Banned

Thats quite easy. Anyone have an pure, unmodified impact grenade to share with him?

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:44 am
Profile YIM

Gibbed and Exploded TDExplosives are not triggered, nor are ones that drop from rockets/dropships/etc.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Banned

What he's saying is that timers do not work for anything but primary explosives. Everything else has to be an impact grenade. Chances are that the reason your secondary explosives are not gibbing is because their TriggerDelay is expiring before they have anything to impact.

Try searching for instances of TriggerDelay and make it a veyr large number (but only six-digits long).

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:20 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]