View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
 Zombie Defense -fixtastic- 

Post Re: Zombie Defense -fixtastic-
411570N3 wrote:
But you don't have to jump on top of a crate. They load from the side...

Well how will that get anyone up to the roof of the bunker? o.o Unless its an elevator...

@The Decaying Soldat
A Zombie Defense weapon faction? Thats not a bad idea! :0
If I have any help with it (since I havent a clue how to make factions) I'd be happy to add in that idea with Numgum's version.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:00 am

Whats with the two huge dudes at 400 kills? The one on the right jumped straight into my base and killed me instantly.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:18 am

Blackjacktom wrote:
Whats with the two huge dudes at 400 kills? The one on the right jumped straight into my base and killed me instantly.

That would be a mini boss =P You should see the not-so-mini boss

Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:23 am

So for the mission-special Faction, what kinds of weapons would everyone want?
So far we have : (in order: clip size, reload time, firepower, approx. range)

-Revolver (6 shot, below avg. reload, above average power, med long range) Done!
-Shotgun (8 shot, poor reload, above average power, med close range) Done!
-Sawn-off (2 shot, below avg. reload, above average power, close range)
-Flamer (10 sec continuous spray, poor reload, exceptional power, close range) Done!
-Molotov (erupts in a carpet of effective fire that emits damaging particles, lasts 10 secs)
-Axe (infinite uses, below avg. use interval, exceptional cutting/stopping power, melee)
-Chainsaw (20 second continuous use, poor reload, exceptional cutting/stopping power, melee)
-Crowbar (infinite uses, avg. use interval, avg. cutting/stopping power, melee)
Now for some suggestions!
-Assault Rifle (50 shot, avg. reload, avg. power, med long range) Done!
-Gatling (200 shot, poor reload, exceptional power, med range) Done!
-Z-shield (basically a head to toe riot shield. Color suggestions?)
-Z-counter (buy-able basic troop equivalent to the coalition light)
-Health packs (under tools, heals 1hp for 10 oz., 10 for 100, or 100 for 1000)
-Super soldier serum (under tools, gives 200 instant health, but slowly drains down to 0hp, so you have to keep buying it if you want that actor to live. Like, 75 oz.?)

I would be glad to gather/make most of these things. If anyone already has some of these things that aren't already vanilla things, please PM me and attach, or post your attachment here. Things with 'Done!' after them are vanilla stuffs, or already done.

Last edited by Point.blank on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:31 am

I think Contrary is working on some of those.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:50 am

Fix the console spam with changing:
finalboss.Health == 0
to
finalboss ~= nil and finalboss.Health == 0

Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:00 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

FauxMask wrote:
411570N3 wrote:
But you don't have to jump on top of a crate. They load from the side...

Well how will that get anyone up to the roof of the bunker? o.o Unless its an elevator...

@The Decaying Soldat
A Zombie Defense weapon faction? Thats not a bad idea! :0
If I have any help with it (since I havent a clue how to make factions) I'd be happy to add in that idea with Numgum's version.

You idiotic ♥♥♥♥.

OKAY HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:

YOU'RE IN YOUR BASE. YOU GET A WEAPON. YOU'RE NOW OVERLOADED. YOU DECIDE TO GO TO THE CRATE. YOU DROP YOUR WEAPON IN; IT'S THEREFORE NOT ON YOUR PERSON THEREFORE NOT ADDING ANY MASS. YOU USE THE CRATES AS A STORAGE SYSTEM.

Jesus christ this isn't ROCKET SCIENCE.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:06 am

@Grif
Now that's what I call encouragement. AND THE CAPS, NEVER HAVE THEY BEEN MORE INSPIRING.</sarcasm>

@FauxMask
To change the material of things, just change the color in the map's .bmp to that of said material in Materials.ini, but make sure you use the proper palette when you do that.

I really, really like Numgun's ideas. Rather than having a reward every X kills, it's a game of chance that can either help you or hurt you. :grin:

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:25 am
Profile YIM

Actually, if there's a 30 second break between every 100-200 kills/boss level would be good. You will have time to heal, reload, buy weapons, even set up mines and barricades (air dropped sandbags/concrete blocks?).

Though for now, just ignore this. This could be too much to ask for since there are still loads of suggestions to this missions waiting to be done.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:48 am

@Grif
Well excuuussseee me princess for thinking about a direct solution to the problem. Okay, we'll have a crate in there to store stuff.

@AgentBaron
That I can understand, except, when I went into HouseMat.bmp and changed some of it to the same exact shade of red for test material that was used in Zombie Defense.bmp, the part I changed turned to mashmallows when stepped on. I just cant figure out what color to change it to if the "test material" red doesnt work. Sorry if (like with Grif's statement) Im missing something completely obvious.
Nevermind I fixed it. I made a stupid mistake lol

@Mail2345
Thanks for the fix :)

@The Decaying Soldat
Okay, we're going to need to make a list of all these ideas lol

Also umm, I know this pretty sad, but I can't think of a way to make it so that the player gets gold everytime he kills a zombie.. :oops:
I tried doing this:
Code:
   if zombiecount == zombiecount + 1 then
      playerActor.Gold = playerActor.Gold + 10;
   end
but that didnt work at all. I looked through the Wiki and searched, but nothing really points to a way to add gold to the player account rather than having him buy something with a negative gold value.

Btw everyone, I edited my last update, I forgot to fix some small bugs, sorry about that. Its final now, I won't touch it anymore.

Last edited by FauxMask on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:48 pm

Yeah, one thing I had to figure out myself is how the materials' index numbers corresponded with their locations on CC's terrain palette. If the color's good, but in the wrong block of the palette, you get fake-out default material.

So were you planning on a Zombie Defense 2 like you mentioned earlier or are you done with the whole thing? :wink:

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:21 pm
Profile YIM

AgentBaron wrote:
Yeah, one thing I had to figure out myself is how the materials' index numbers corresponded with their locations on CC's terrain palette. If the color's good, but in the wrong block of the palette, you get fake-out default material.

So were you planning on a Zombie Defense 2 like you mentioned earlier or are you done with the whole thing? :wink:

Yeah, I still dont understand what the index number has to do with it, but I got it to work somehow lol

Yes, I am currently working on a Zombie Defense 2 of sorts (using Numgum's idea), however I am running into a plathora of problems. See my edited previous post for a very sad example :oops:

And also, Point.blank, Contrary, and anyone else who wants to help is welcome to.
Please post your stuff here so we can all get this done faster and more efficiently. Thank you all for your help :grin:

Last edited by FauxMask on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:25 pm

Ah, there's a specific Lua function that returns the amount of gold the player has. I believe you need to use that to get the gold amount and then tell it to add X to the value it retrieves.

Like I told you before, I'm more than willing to help with coding any way I can. :)

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:35 pm
Profile YIM

AgentBaron wrote:
Ah, there's a specific Lua function that returns the amount of gold the player has. I believe you need to use that to get the gold amount and then tell it to add X to the value it retrieves.

Like I told you before, I'm more than willing to help with coding any way I can. :)

Okay so would it be anything like what I tried in my previous post? Or, could you post what the code might look like? Thanks for your help :grin:

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:39 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

It took you six posts to understand what a STORAGE CRATE was used for.

I'm not about to apologize.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 268 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next