View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 -Klone Soccer V2.0- ))Gamemode (REUPLOAD) 

Post Re: -KLONE SOCCER- ))Gamemode
Heyyy, if you can upload a lua file in a zip, why can't you upload the whole thing in a zip for me? :(

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Can't you just replace it with old one? It's a lot quicker than DLing a new rte.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:01 pm
Profile WWW

If you read my posts - which you apparently didn't - I said that I couldn't download it, it says that it isn't a real RAR format.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:22 pm

war_man333 wrote:
If you read my posts - which you apparently didn't - I said that I couldn't download it, it says that it isn't a real RAR format.

Redownload, its working fine. If things like these happen, try redownloading first because sometimes downloads get corrupted while they are at it.

Roon3: What did you change in the Lua file? I could even implement it to the next update after I get some first party stuff out of the way.

For the next update I'd plan to make these:
-A customized clone designed for this
-3 clones instead of 2 for each team
-Uncomment the Lua based pathfinding thing
-A new map
-Instead of a picture for each weapons, I'll make a numbers for each weapon station incase someone is willing to create/suggest custom weapons that would suit the game more
-Modify the warning stripes to 24x24 size so they'd be more universal
-Possible on-field power up area that can be used again after 3-5 minutes when used. As for the powerup itself, probably make a Mk1Rocket land on your base's landing pad and become yours to control. Suggestions for bonuses are welcome.

Last edited by numgun on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:37 pm

A few if then statements, there are comments that say what's by me (Search for AI Stuff and Maor AI Stuff) it should be where Tim put his path finding code. (Tim's code adds way points at the enemy score zone, mine does the same but put a point in a weapon zone too)

Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

numgun wrote:
As for the powerup itself, probably make a Mk1Rocket land on your base's landing pad and become yours to control. Suggestions for bonuses are welcome.

Replace activating actor with super actor that's hard to gib and woundkill? Possibly with special digger gun...

Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:58 pm

numgun wrote:
war_man333 wrote:

Redownload, its working fine. If things like these happen, try redownloading first because sometimes downloads get corrupted while they are at it.

FYI this is the 4th time I redownload.
Can someone PLEASE UPLOAD IT IN A ZIP FORMAT?

Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:46 pm

war_man333 wrote:
numgun wrote:
war_man333 wrote:

FYI this is the 4th time I redownload.
Can someone PLEASE UPLOAD IT IN A ZIP FORMAT?

Here you are.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:11 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
What on earth is the difference between zip and rar anyways? They're both compressed folders which easily open with 7-zip. I seriously don't understand why some are so anal about it.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Numgun, if you do release an update, I can fix some of the more messy stuff I did, now that I have the documentation. PM me when you need it done.

Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:59 pm

Note: War_man should be pissed at me soon, considering I just .zip'd the .rar.

:D

Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:25 am
Profile WWW

:shock:

'Nuff said? It's fudge amazing! I love the Lua used for the weapon stations, where certain amounts of points merits weapons; that opens up a lot of possibilities in the future.

[Funny you mentioned Soldat Num, because when I thought of the latter thought about weapon stations, I was reminded of how some zombie/rpg servers likewise allow you some weapons after you get enough kills or points.]

Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:19 am
Banned

Points for creativity and execution, I suppose. Not my favorite thing ever, but I'll give credit where credit is due.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:00 am

ppiksmada wrote:
What on earth is the difference between zip and rar anyways? They're both compressed folders which easily open with 7-zip. I seriously don't understand why some are so anal about it.

rar's compression abilities are far better than zip, which means shorter download time and less bandwidth used

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:02 am

Update coming soon, I sent LordTim the new package and he'll iron out the script bugs that are messing up the game.

Also any suggestions for maps? You can paint me a quick overview and I can make the map based on that.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next