View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 [WIP] Sweet Dreams Campaign (1 of 3 completed) 

[WIP] Sweet Dreams Campaign (1 of 3 completed)
Sweet Dreams
A work in process, currently in beta.

Credits:
wegee for his amazing tutorials; without them, Sweet Dreams, and many other missions, wouldn't exist.
akblabla for showing me how to do animations via code in Exodus. Oh, and I used the Zs from Exodus in Dimitri's sleeping animation.
Toes from Europe, for his awesome house that was used in Zombie Defense. A modified version with an entrance was used.
The whole mission-making community for inspiring me.
And lastly, everyone, for putting up with the millions of questions I asked! (It's my first mission... XD)

Summary:
It's Dimitri's birthday, but in his slumber the night before, the Coalition snuck in for a birthday surprise; they stole the cake! Now Dimitri is angry. Dimitri must use his pie powers to reclaim his cake for the party he can't miss tonight. Join him on his epic mission through forts, 8-bit castles, and giant robots! Prove the cake is NOT a lie! Smash those Coalition skulls in with a satisfying blueberry crunch!

Important: (PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING)
Sweet Dreams is very different from any other campaign you have ever played, and I am aware of that. It's sort of silly, more of a light hearted plot-based campaign instead of a strict mission from rivalry of the factions. Sweet Dreams is currently in Beta, and will be for a while, most likely. It is (going to be) a trilogy, (3 missions) which I have not finished the second or third of. (If I feel like it I might make a 4th and possibly even a 5th) Please report any bugs you find. I don't know how this mission will behave for most people, since I use a Mac, but I don't think there will be any problems. If you find this mission easy, don't complain; the missions are intended to increase in difficulty from easy to hard. This mission has explicit words in it. If you would like a version without explicit words in it, just PM me. Also, I won't guarantee any release dates. Please note that I have a life too and that development will be on-and-off, especially because of school.

Download 1.2:
Attachment:
File comment: Sweet Dreams 1.2.
SweetDreams.rte.zip [2.93 MiB]
Downloaded 1073 times

Changelog
1.0 - First release. Needs a door sound. Does not have sequels yet. Totalled 1670 downloads.
1.1 - Late patch to B26. Helped by Wegee. Has the castle door sound and the beginnings of SD2. Fixed minor bugs as well. Modified Coalition to have different guns. The AI makes the mission harder now. ^_^ EXTREME SIZE FIX! The zipped version is basically the same size, but the unzipped versions have a huge difference. Went from something like 15MB or something to like 4. Totalled 39 downloads... lol
1.2 - Fixed the LOL cave bug where you could switch to Dimitri in teh LOL cave. Made the floor of the cave a little thicker... Just in case.

Screenshots:
Attachment:
File comment: Screenshot #1.
1.png
1.png [ 325.84 KiB | Viewed 22517 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Screenshot #2.
2.png
2.png [ 240.65 KiB | Viewed 22517 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Screenshot #3.
3.png
3.png [ 148.31 KiB | Viewed 22517 times ]

Last edited by Awesomeness on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:59 am, edited 7 times in total.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:49 pm

Post Re: [WIP] Sweet Dreams Campaign (1 of 3 completed)
This is excellent!

I think it would be nice if the time between some of the dialogue could be shortened.
Also, I think the Pie exploding could have some sticky particles that stick to the enemy and I think it should just either take down hp through sheer mass/collision or just have it so that if enough particles stick to the enemy, it would drain hp due to suffocation?

Also, I think the kickback for the pies could be less.

The save points are brilliant and so is the beginning sleeping part.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:20 pm

LeonXross wrote:
This is excellent!

I think it would be nice if the time between some of the dialogue could be shortened.
Also, I think the Pie exploding could have some sticky particles that stick to the enemy and I think it should just either take down hp through sheer mass/collision or just have it so that if enough particles stick to the enemy, it would drain hp due to suffocation?

Also, I think the kickback for the pies could be less.

The save points are brilliant and so is the beginning sleeping part.

About the dialogue... I was afraid it was going to be too fast for some people. I could reduce the pies' kickback very easily. I would love to do the sticky particles, like when someone gets hit and lives they're covered in blueberries and juice... That would be really cool but I don't know how. I don't think someone could die from suffocation by being covered by blueberries, though.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:34 pm

I lurved this mod campaign! Had me giggling a lil during the dialog and such. I still can't believe Dimytree couldn't finish Super Mario! >w<

Hope part 2 is just as fun and silly.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:10 pm
Profile WWW

Well, about the stickness I think I remember Darkstorm's ice. The ice in Darkstorm sticks to the actor. I'm not too sure on the specifics so you might want to ask around for that.

Also, I loved the Coalition's letter.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:22 pm

Pie needs more of a "Pie Exploding" look rather than Several blueberry's and sharp MOPixels.

Other than that, I like it so far. Haven't got through the entire mission yet but I'll check back when I do.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:16 am

Awesome, a good campaign that is Mac-port-friendly!

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:54 am

I hit the coalition outpost with the ork bomb from the spacemarine mod
And it blew up dimitri's front leg xD

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:18 am

Wow, people really seem to like Sweet Dreams! It's really surprising to me, since this is my first mission at all... But anyways, I've already gotten started on the second mission of the campaign. I'm trying to keep the enemies, and the castle itself absolutely as true as possible to the original game. So far, I'd like to create Bullet Bill launchers, thwumps, lava, maybe even those fire thingies that jump out of lava, and of course one of the bosses from classic SMW, (which you won't throw pies at, you'll beat him like it was SMW) all done with Lua. Hopefully they will be compatible enough that you can simply place them on any map or mission, meaning people could make entire SMW campaigns using what is made. Of course, like the castle door, none of these will have their classic sounds unless someone can help me find them in decent quality. What I need is: (I was able to find music, so don't worry about that)

Castle door open/close
The "bwow" sound when you jump on Bowser correctly

Thump
Bullet Bill
Jumping fire thingy

The sounds that are not bolded I can get by making a rom hack of SMW via the tools at SMW Central and create a level with no music that has the enemies I need to record. With some audio recording application I hope to God I can find for free for Mac, (since CrossOver, though it can run Windows applications, is incompatible with Windows recording software) I would be able to record the sounds. However, the castle entrance cutscene is not a level, so there's no way I can remove the music from that, and the boss areas are uneditable due to being really complex, I can't remove the music to record the sounds cleanly from them. So I really need your help in finding the bolded sounds.

Although I have a head start on the second mission of Sweet Dreams because I can reuse code such as the checkpoints and the support for intros and outros, I will be hindered somewhat because school is starting for me, and I'm going to be at an advanced, difficult high school as a freshman. I might not have as much time to develop. But I will still work on it in my free time, don't worry.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:23 pm

i had fun, also,
Attachment:
ScreenDump006.bmp
ScreenDump006.bmp [ 1.3 MiB | Viewed 22297 times ]
something i through together really quick.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:23 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Nice and relaxed, it's good not to be constantly challenged and have some casual gameplay for a change. The save points were innovative yet unnecessary in a level so short. Really funny mission.

Attachment:
File comment: Anyone else had this?
ScreenDump000.bmp [61.22 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:49 pm

Roast Veg wrote:
Nice and relaxed, it's good not to be constantly challenged and have some casual gameplay for a change. The save points were innovative yet unnecessary in a level so short. Really funny mission.

Attachment:
ScreenDump000.bmp

How did you get stuck in there? The LOL cave is where I put actors when they need to disappear for cutscenes without killing them. I can't imagine why you'd get stuck...

The save points in this mission were merely to get the player used to how they work. I knew this mission was too short for them.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

It happened right at the end, while the WIN banner was going across. I just waited, unselected and reselected Dimitri and moved around a bit in the castle. It doesn't matter anyway, I assumed it was meant to happen. I'd completed the mission.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Dude, we don't just love it, we think it's godly :V
Or atleast I do.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:59 pm

Roast Veg wrote:
It happened right at the end, while the WIN banner was going across. I just waited, unselected and reselected Dimitri and moved around a bit in the castle. It doesn't matter anyway, I assumed it was meant to happen. I'd completed the mission.

Oh– I know what you're talking about. It's fixed on my copy. The fixed release will come with the second mission.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next