View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Cemetery - B22 Beta - 3/13/09 

Completed?
Needs more. 85%  85%  [ 109 ]
Doesn't need more. 15%  15%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 128

Cemetery - B22 Beta - 3/13/09 

Post Re: Cemetery *Beta Uploaded*
ulch, didnt check the dates. bugger, bugger ><
has uberhen made a new topic?

Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:32 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Geti wrote:
ulch, didnt check the dates. bugger, bugger ><
has uberhen made a new topic?

No, it was in his signature, it clearly said;

Quote:
BEATS LEFTS:[Number]

Or something like that.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:08 am

Ok, skipping everything but the OP, I loved this scene...
I have a couple of ideas for a story an stuff ill send them in a PM later

(Nice story so far) =P

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:16 pm

Geti wrote:
make there be transitions from normal to scary like in a horror movie. make the fountain go bloody after a while, for instance.
though i suppose CC cant really be that scary anyway, what with there being gore all over the joint all the time.
keep working, i want some good rage-zombies actually.

That's the effect I'll try to achieve with lua. As I've said to the beta recipients, I would like an alternate fountain emitter that emits blood once the player has reached a certain point (however, I have no knowledge of lua, and I'm not sure if placed emitters can be controlled). At this point, the zombies will spawn (not from the coffins; it's unrealistic, and since it's a military cemetery, all soldiers were buried with their guns. LOOT) I'm still undecided on how to implement survivors, and lua & new zombies are my top priorities right now. I'm not going to abandon this scene, but don't expect completion just yet. If I go a few months without any updates, I'll definitely upload the beta. Thanks for your support guys. :)

Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:25 am

I am pretty sure placed emitters can be controlled. Aren't the tubes in the vanilla Zombie Cave mission just fancy emitters?

Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:34 am
Profile WWW

Well with the survivors case, just check out TLB's scene (Prison Scene) that has "survivors" ina sense of the word

And about the fountain all you have to do is (with LUA) make it so 1 emitter stops and another starts (Wether this is possible or not, im not sure though id be surprissed if you cant)

Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:30 am

This has a pretty cool vibe, although the ground is thin enough with a lot of mods you fall through rather easy.

Some things that would be really really really cool if you could add- coffins being destroyable objects like this with cool stuff inside (useful weapons, maybe some "gold bar/jewel" things that are useless but have a decent oz value you can send up in a ship for money), maybe other cool stuff randomly buried underground or in other destroyable objects.

Also it's a bit weird the fountain keeps going after it's destroyed so the water comes from midair, but I dunno what can be done about it.

Aaand since my praise tends to get buried in my nitpickyness, again I say good job. :)

Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:17 am

Get yo Lua on son, a zombie mission of this magnitude would be the ♥♥♥♥.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:51 pm
Profile WWW

love this scene. and the dark and dead atmosphere.

OP should make a zombie mission out of this.

story goes like zombie out break is happening. o wait.. theres the zombie cave mission already.

it could be that after the incident of zombie cave, it is not over...

zombies out break is happening all over the world.

a series of bizarre events are happening... which lead to.................

Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:55 am

to make the fountain more realistic use a large sprite of plumbing underneath and make some gibs. then make a bunkermodule that connects it with the scenery (heck, just some cracks in the ground or something) and pin and resthreshold = -5000 the emitter. you can edit the properties of anything with lua. anything. almost.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:43 am
Profile WWW

Although its pretty far along in the 'story' of the scene, why not make a second version where you are a maintenance system aka gravekeeper with a touch of sentience. Your brain is in the main office next the the desk, you could ever make him look like HAL. your connected to the internet so you've downloaded whatever you'd think would help you keep the cemetery in better condition, so you know a lot about zombies :P you could have 1-2 old looking working robots with brooms or shovels. Zombies arrive and rise, and your programing tells you you have to put them back where they came!

Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:51 pm

LordMoose, that is a fantastic idea! It seems like it's something that might actually happen in the CC universe. When I have some time, I'll upload the newest beta for everyone.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:35 am

Nice idea, Moose, but I thought that the old story was a bit more epic, one of the last survivors, zombies are getting stronger and smarter, attack is imminent... you know.

I think your idea would be a great sequel mission sorta thing.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:03 am
Profile WWW

A laptop brain is a great idea!

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:48 am

I can see it all now.

Time: 11:43.03 PM

Scene, Graveyard, lightning, heavy rain, for some reason music in the background. Zoom in on a grave stone, with 'Here Lies Dave' A hand punches out of the ground, rotted, missing the ring finger.

A shovel swings down and hacks off the hand and swats at the arm until it retreats back underground. A yellow droid with maybe a green or yellow/black checkerboard paint pattern holds the shovel. "I cant let you do that dave..." Says a voice. The droid pats the earth with a shovel and continues it patrol...

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next