View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Cemetery - B22 Beta - 3/13/09 

Completed?
Needs more. 85%  85%  [ 109 ]
Doesn't need more. 15%  15%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 128

Cemetery - B22 Beta - 3/13/09 

Post Re: Cemetery *Beta Uploaded*
Image Image Image Image

This scene is ~75% done. I've made it bigger (3500 pixels X 750 pixels). Right now I'm spriting coalition-sized zombie actors, so the actual scene will be put on hold for a while. Notice the custom glows on the streetlight, the fountain, and the tomb (all destructible), the new coffin sprite, the grass (no plants), and the water (no glow: too laggy). There are a few more additions, but I'd like to hold back on them just yet. :)

Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:57 am

Wait.
Is that the custom BG Meloen gave you?
Lua will make this awesome.
Prom even said that Zombie scenarios are easy to make.

Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Wait.
Is that the custom BG Meloen gave you?
Lua will make this awesome.
Prom even said that Zombie scenarios are easy to make.

Yes it is. You can see another part of it in the Warbot Mk6 thread; in the second gif. I added a few more buildings than in the original BG that meleon made me. As for the zombie mode, I'll probably use a lot of evilponi's mod, but with different actors and sprites. I'd like to make a zombie torso that crawls after you, like in Half Life 2. Since this scene has no X-wrap, I'm going to have to figure out a better way to implement the brain. If the person that needs rescuing at the far right end of the map is the brain, then the zombies won't spawn, because of some CC glitch. If the player is the brain, then as he moves to the right of the map, no zombies will spawn behind him. But if I only use actor emitters, then you can't get the cool "zombies rising from the ground" effect. I think the best thing to do would be:

• Place a zombie emitter at the far left of the screen.
• Have 2 brains, the player and the actor that needs rescuing (making sure the player's 'brain actor' is placed before the rescue actor.

Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Whoah, what's that robot Actor you've got in that Gif up there? I waaaant. o.o

Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:33 am

Man, I really need to put up more gifs of the converted mods in the Datarealms Mod Archive. That actor is amrobotic's Panzor A-5. It can be found, along with all his other mods, in the 'Mod Archives Pack #1.' Here's the download: http://files.filefront.com/Archive+Part+1/;11202521;/fileinfo.html.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:14 pm

To keep on topic, I would simply love to see this scene finished. I tried it once, but it had some strange problem with things only spawning and/or dropping on only one side. T'was a bit small as well.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:51 pm

So far I like this map, but it lacks interactivity and there are a few flaws.

The map is too small (you fixed that one, so I guess its ok now), the coffins should be interactive like they could either spew skeletons out if the lid brakes or have loot or something rather than just being a coffing made out of terrain.

The lamp in the gif has a flaw; after you "broke" the glow on the lamp it still looks like its working but without the glow. Make the lamp itself be dark blue broken glass and the lamp object would on top of it and cover it as long as its intact.

Next the map is quite flat, and it numbs the gameplay of this map. Stuff like buildings with several platforms to be on, a small hill ect.

What I suggest is make the brain be the actor you control. Lets say a fun survival mission:

You (the brain actor dude) have to rescue and carry your sexy girlfriend (HDFireArm) from a cage or similar on the other side of the map and get her back to the starting point where your rusty craft is so you can toss her in it and deliver her into space and profit. That would be your winning condition.

As you travel along the graveyard, zombies and skeletons keep spawning and populate the area at a scary rate.

To make things even more interesting, your actor should start with NOTHING.
No guns, no diggers or tools. none. And on top of that he doesnt have a jetpack either. Just jumping like the snake in my MGS mod.
He must first run in a clumsy fashion over a small area between the starting point and a small house where you might find a shovel and possibly a crappy old shotgun that is barely held together by strings and reloads really slow so you'd have to consider each time you will fire it.

To make things fair, have the zombies be slow on their feet. Skeletons can be faster if desired.

Btw, if you need a zombie, you can use the one in the AAL Experimental pack that comes with the Undead bomb. I remember Breened sprited it so youre free to use it along with the code. Its all in the AALBombs folder of the Experimental pack.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:42 pm

You could make a series of zombie missions with this map and Lua.
And numgun's suguestion is good, but you should be able to find other weapons too.
And have the ability to order weapons only.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:49 pm
Hah! Girlfiend gun!

Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:38 pm

That takes money as ammo, and shoots out insults.

Great.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:07 pm

numgun wrote:
...the coffins should be interactive like they could either spew skeletons out if the lid brakes or have loot or something rather than just being a coffin made out of terrain.

Make the lamp itself be dark blue broken glass and the lamp object would on top of it and cover it as long as its intact.

Next the map is quite flat, and it numbs the gameplay of this map. Stuff like buildings with several platforms to be on, a small hill ect.

What I suggest is make the brain be the actor you control.

BTW, if you need a zombie, you can use the one in the AAL Experimental pack that comes with the Undead bomb. I remember Breened sprited it so you're free to use it along with the code. Its all in the AALBombs folder of the Experimental pack.

If I make the coffins emit a skeleton, any stray shots that go below ground would make him spawn yards underground, and he won't be able to move. I'll probably make it gib 24 oz gold bricks, what do you think?

Good lamp idea, I'll make just the 'lightbulb' emitter glow.

Graveyards are supposed to be flat I guess, but you're right; it isn't much fun after a while. I'd like to add more hills and buildings, but like your solid snake actor, the actor's jump is very short. I'll see what I can do.

The problem with making the actor the brain is that, as you move to the right of the Non X-wrapping scene, there'll be less and less spawns. You should know this firsthand when you made AAL Crossfire.

Thanks for the permission to let me use your zombie, numgun, but I'd rather make a coalition sized one. I might use some of the code though. Thanks. :)

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:01 pm

To solve the flat problem, you can put dead bodies, pits, and stacked coffins to make it harder to get through.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:53 pm

you should make the graves dug up and make the cofins like a zombie respawn point! and make it where it spits ou like a zombie a second! then it will become like zombie waves! ahahahh yes! and u should make it where the fountain is all bloody and shooting up blood instead of water! and just make the TURN BACK words red and make it look like its all bloody too... that would b cool... and do we have any fog effects on here??? that would add too it... oh and add like zombie creatures like dogs or just wierd creatures make it scary! ahah

Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:28 am

make there be transitions from normal to scary like in a horror movie. make the fountain go bloody after a while, for instance.
though i suppose CC cant really be that scary anyway, what with there being gore all over the joint all the time.
keep working, i want some good rage-zombies actually.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Geti wrote:
make there be transitions from normal to scary like in a horror movie. make the fountain go bloody after a while, for instance.
though i suppose CC cant really be that scary anyway, what with there being gore all over the joint all the time.
keep working, i want some good rage-zombies actually.

Dude, it's an uber necro, and uberhens is already remaking it.

And I said, it needs some luas, because I have the beta.
So he goes, your right, I need to make the lua algorithms for said zombie spawn rate, and alternator, and he needs to update the zombies used, for he has the MrEvilPoni's zombies.

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next