View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 -Klone Soccer V2.0- ))Gamemode (REUPLOAD) 

Post Re: -KLONE SOCCER- ))Gamemode
So numgun, when's the next release coming out? :D

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Working on it. All that is left is just a new map or two, tweaking the soccer klone a little, making a map decoration to show the bonus location.
Also I think there was a bug with the bonus that creates a lag spike, but Im not sure yet.

Possibly, I'll release it today.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:26 pm

Are the clones going to have black an white bodies and heads so they look like soccer balls?

Last edited by CandleJack on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:35 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

numgun wrote:
Foa wrote:
So, BW is optional depending if you're willing to destroy the terrain, and you guys.
Do you know what I'm talking about?

Nope, not a single clue.
I assume you mean BW by my BW:Mercenaries mod, right?

Brain
Wrestling
You know, like the screenshots I posted, which includes the pilot point blanking the Coalition.
It's true the chances of getting this shot is really low, just when BW'er's knee vs BW'ee's face, the flash second as it just gibs.
Also it's even lower when you get a double decap.

And CandleJack, that isn't necessary.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:36 pm

numgun wrote:
Working on it. All that is left is just a new map or two, tweaking the soccer klone a little, making a map decoration to show the bonus location.
Also I think there was a bug with the bonus that creates a lag spike, but Im not sure yet.

Possibly, I'll release it today.

Today would be tomorrow for me.
Unless you release it with 2 hours :P

Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Post Re: -Klone Soccer V2.0- ))Gamemode
Hadooken. Version 2 is out!
-New weapons
-New Klone
-New maps (3)
-New Bonus feature
-New New New NEW!

OMFG DOWNLOAD NOW AND COMMENT!

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Not to mention new awesome!

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Amazing stuff! I can't believe I'm in the credits for one of numgun's mods! (I'm your biggest fan) I'll make a space ship map tomorrow.

Edit: Do you want me to make it so that the AI uses the bonus too?

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:25 pm
Profile WWW

This is great! Now you have a custom selection of weapons, and a custom actor. The Soccer Klone is comically unpredictable and gory, especially with the unstable jetpacks (sometimes when an actor dies, his jetpack will go off, propelling his body into the air and raining down blood! :D).
One suggestion, though. Going through the exit to your base should automatically equip you with the most powerful weapon you have available. The weapon stations should stay in case you want a different one, but it's much more convenient to just automatically have the most powerful one. This also makes it unnecessary for the AI Klones to automatically go to a weapon station, which is buggy and often results in the Klones getting stuck in the base.
Also, what's with the bomb ship? is that the Bonus?

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:48 pm

OMFG NO ERROR
BUT I HAVE TO GO LOL.
WILL COMMENT TOMORROW

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:55 pm

The bomb is the bonus, I'll (I coded the AI) try to make the AI smarter tomorrow after school. (Unless Numgun says otherwise)

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:55 pm
Profile WWW

Voracious32 wrote:
One suggestion, though. Going through the exit to your base should automatically equip you with the most powerful weapon you have available. The weapon stations should stay in case you want a different one, but it's much more convenient to just automatically have the most powerful one. This also makes it unnecessary for the AI Klones to automatically go to a weapon station, which is buggy and often results in the Klones getting stuck in the base.

I completely agree.
But I think I prefer the stability of the standard coalition... Less likely to explode when I hit a wall to hard. Also less laggy. For some reason all the new maps are hella laggy.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:08 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Aspect wrote:
Voracious32 wrote:

I completely agree.
But I think I prefer the stability of the standard coalition... Less likely to explode when I hit a wall to hard. Also less laggy. For some reason all the new maps are hella laggy.

Jetpacks are now realistic, shoot at it's armor for a while, then it go boom-boom!
I love Soccer Klones, though BWing, is really deadly for both sides, the head vaporizes as you lay on it.
The Klones love to bleed, and I love it!
Numgun, thank the maker of the Clone of Fortune. Nvm

Damn, I love you, Tim, and blipflip.

It's so fun watching the Explosion-Prone Klones get shot at.
Besides, I had an epic moment; While I was shooting at a Klone, his jetpack exploded, the epic thing was that it flung him into our goal... dead, and flowing with a river of blood.

Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:49 pm

I tried it, the AI needs some touching up because they're really easy to defeat.
I keep winning 20-2 (or something like that, they always end up getting 2).
Other than that, I love the maps and I love the weapons.
I can't wait to try this with a friend.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:41 pm

Praises:

Yeah, i completely love this. It's fun, it feels fresh and i feel like i've got to keep the computer at bay and re-learn some things in order to play.

The weapons are fantastic, so props to Grif i guess. I really feel like i'm destroying bodies when i shoot the other team. At first i didn't like how easy they were to gib, but that makes the game a lot harder and in the end i saw myself adapting my strategy as opposed to cursing my weak minions. It ended up being a positive.

Criticisms:

It's pretty easy. If the AI started out with all the weapons and if they would not get stuck in their own base then it would be perfectly balanced.

The maps are well-designed, but there aren't any difficulty differences between them. If this game mode had a learning curve then i think it'd be better. I do like the variety though, but that's all the other maps have to offer. They could offer much more.

Suggestions:

Sub-game modes. A mode where you have to assault a base that the AI or the other player is defending. A mode where you defend against a much stronger force, maps that are tipped in the opposition's favor, etc.

Also, if one could choose the types of actors/weapons available in the match beforehand then that would be a plus, but that seems like it would be really really hard to implement.

Conclusion:
This is the most fun i've had with CC in a long time, but unless this is kept on top of it will become bland with age. Keep updating, wow us over and over again and then it will earn it's potential place as a sub-set of "skirmish" in the game's final release. Hell, if some variation of this doesn't get included in the final release it will be a shame in my book. This is truly unique among what's been created by this community up to this point.

Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next