View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Bridge [r3 - includes v2] 

Post Re: Bridge [r3 - includes v2]
yes i am attentive, and yes i do know why people get annoyed. why the random anger?
you may have noticed that it doesnt really break things. using winrar on a zip, i have never had a failure. darkstorm military technologies is downloaded as the file darkstorm.rte.zip. it doesnt mess up anything. zips even work happily for me on the five different computers i have tried using the windows extraction tool straight to my CC folder. five computers. one of them is from 6 years ago!
so although apparently .zip ♥♥♥♥ up the file for a few people, (and by ♥♥♥♥ up i mean "doesnt work until you manually move it out and back into the CC folder") so does .rar for another group of people, with the exact same issue. oh, and extracting both .zip and .rar with 7zip works happily aswell.
sorry for the rant, but i dont take insults on my intelligence lightly, and i wanted to justify why i found it necessary to question the relevance of the compression used in the file.

good mission idea, as long as the bridge breaks in a verycool fashion. like, a gibbing bridge. try using a door for that if you try it, though the gibs bouncing off of it would be ugly.. maybe a door underneath a thin layer of terrain, and when the door gibs it shoots a mess of hitsmos = 0 ubersharp particles, removing the terrain. anyway, im going to bed, sorry for the rant again.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

Would anyone have a problem with me putting these as 7Zs from now on? WinRAR has support for them and I don't have WinRAR on here to make RARs...

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Nope, IZArc can open that. I think Winrar too.

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:35 pm

Excellent job again, Cambiogris. This new version looks more like a modern-day bridge, with the scaffolding-type paths underneath, and the planks over broken areas. Will download when home.

@guy with mission idea
Nah, seems too short and stealthy if you grab intelligence and just get away. Since there are two sides, it should be an attack & defend mission. Maginot is just defending, while Zombie Cave, Fort Malgar, and Menou are just attacking. A combo would likely increase the difficulty people want. Limited funds (no gold anywhere, start with like 3,000) and certain variables could control enemy spawning (communication relay destroyed stops them after a while because they requested some already, and they haven't yet arrived, but after a little bit they can't send for more, or you very own offline heavy AA guns, and if you get a battery or whatever, they come on and the reinforcements either don't come, or the guns have extreme range anad shoot them down instantly and the guns can't be destroyed themselves or are very hard to).

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:19 pm

Download file no longer exists WTF this place looks awesome but i can't download D:

Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:12 am

I have it.

Uploading.

Attachments:
File comment: 7zip. Open with 7Zip or WinRAR.
cgMapBridge.rte.7z [497.04 KiB]
Downloaded 653 times
Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:05 am

mail2345 wrote:
I have it.

Uploading.

THANKYOU SO MUCH :smile:

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:50 am

Thanks man, was just about to post asking for a new link. :p

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Thanks a ton!

so apparently a hacker wiped the files off this forum a while back???

that is why about 75% of them are dead links??

Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:56 pm
happy carebear mom

Bagel Klone wrote:
a hacker wiped the files off this forum a while back???

Bingo, though it was only a week ago, on April 1.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Wanted to play this map for a while. Thanks for the re-upload! Thanks very much.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:50 am

That said, considering some of the posts on the first page, has anyone considered making some modifications to this to give it working spawn points? I've got my thread up so far on trying to get the AI to drop in a certain place (currently not working) but I'd LOVE to see a couple of bridge defense scenarios, maybe even some kind of cool zombie invasion. cambriogris doesn't look like he's been around in a little while, unfortunately.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:24 am

BlueMendari wrote:
That said, considering some of the posts on the first page, has anyone considered making some modifications to this to give it working spawn points? I've got my thread up so far on trying to get the AI to drop in a certain place (currently not working) but I'd LOVE to see a couple of bridge defense scenarios, maybe even some kind of cool zombie invasion. cambriogris doesn't look like he's been around in a little while, unfortunately.

I whole-heartily second this request. It would be the only map you'd ever need if it had working spawn points when the brain is placed near the sides.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:53 am

Could someone reupload the versions? This seems interesting.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:48 am

It's already been reuploaded on this very page.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next